lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #21
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New goodies from PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I also questioned the no diode and resistor statement..... so much so that I wanted to hear this from Alltrax if it was true... I told them what you said you found and they said, I quote

helpdesk
8:30 AM (1 hour ago)

to scottyb
That information is completely incorrect.

Alltrax

Send me your address in an email and I will send you the resistor and diode needed for your answers to my questions...
WOW, Im baffled, this unless I'm totally drunk, I will go home and re-read that and post it here, it is from D&D now that I think about it. I wonder why PQ sent me everything but that, I requested it?
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2014, 12:45 PM   #22
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I couldn't believe this and I called Alltrax just to hear it with my own ears. He said the distributors do that all the time and it will work but it will shorten the life of the controller by at least half.

I can't believe that the distrubutior would change the information like that.
One more question, can I run the new motor on the stock controller and solenoid while I wait for parts? I don't see it would be a problem but better be safe than sorry, these things are expensive.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:45 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The cart will run without the Resistor and diode but, Alltrax is adamant about the need for them to protect the system. Basically the solenoid and the controller will last longer with them in place according to Alltrax.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #24
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Can I run the New PQ motor on the stock controller?
Old 05-28-2014, 05:23 PM   #25
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

I ran mine on a stock controller, but when I got the 500 amp FSIP I could really really feel the difference in torque.

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #26
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVision View Post
I ran mine on a stock controller, but when I got the 500 amp FSIP I could really really feel the difference in torque.

M

Thanks for the reply, I may juice her up tonight!
Old 05-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #27
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wiring diagram from the D&D people was wrong, they showed the A2 going to bat + on the controller and it goes to M -

I looked up the Curtis controller and my cart and compared to what I was seeing, made me nuts, then went to the Alltrax website and looked up the stock replacement controller and wiring diagram ( OEM Products for
SHUNT Wound ), it was the same as the D&D.

Finally deep within their list of wiring diagrams, I then found the IQ/precedent/i2 schematic, it matched the Curtis wiring diagram and matched the way the stock motor and controller was wired. A1 went to B+ not A2.

Installed as per the stock wiring diagrams and ran her 5 miles after a few short test bumps and runs. She was mildly warm but sounded good, gained 0.8 MPH over stock motor.

I will have to scan the documents I got with the controller tomorrow, this was scary, not sure how much damage would happen If I wired it the other way. Why is there so much discrepancies I wonder?
Old 05-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #28
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/DOC1...Q-WIRE-DIA.pdf
Old 05-29-2014, 07:45 AM   #29
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well other than the diagrams being all over the place the motor seems to run well, I didn't get a speed test on the GPS with a full charge so that will happen today. ScottyB has the resistor & diode on the way for me so I'll tackle the part of the upgrade this weekend. I just wanted to post pictures of the stock motor and the new PQ motor, that sucker is heavy. She runs smooth and quite, I think the old motor was starting to show signs of wear, maybe needs bearings and brushes. I may just hang on to the old equipment and if ever I may send the old motor to PQ and let them rebuild it at a later date.
Also I have to give some much deserved thanks for the support from ScottyB and sunoco who pointed out the discrepancies with the documentation & the needed help. It would of taken me much longer to research all this and figure out how these things out. I'm always seemingly running out of time to do anything these days, so this was a big help.

Check out the motor size difference!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140528_193215.jpg (207.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car