lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing
Golf Cart Racing Buggies Gone Wild Racing League

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: Race Promoter gets banned for call out!

Yup
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #12
PLUMQUICK
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
Who is this "Bill" the race promoter? The thread stated that you were booked to come to his races so I assume you know the guy, Robby. Where are the races going to be?
Bill Williams lineupmoneyuppromotions@gmail.com

He's a hard core grudge race guy. I've been at a few grudge events where he sets up matches and brings in out of town racers to line up against local track favorites. He's the behind the scenes guy that rolls the money......it's not the in your face deal with big flyers or anything like that. Bill, sets up an arrangement and the word gets out.......... people drop a few coins on the race, usually a best of three heads up on a pro tree (time clocks out) with 30 minutes between runs. After the first race, the loser can buy tenths of a second for $500.00 each (which goes into the winners pot) but, only a negotiated amount. The promoter puts up the money for the local and the challenger matches. If challenger wins he takes all.....local wins then he gets a prearranged cut.
I thought he might be up to something because of all the questions he's been asking. I shouldn't had posted this in the first place...........like anything will ever change over there! That's the story.........at least what I know anyway.

Moderators feel free to delete this thread if necessary..........
PLUMQUICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #13
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMQUICK View Post
Bill Williams lineupmoneyuppromotions@gmail.com

He's a hard core grudge race guy. I've been at a few grudge events where he sets up matches and brings in out of town racers to line up against local track favorites. He's the behind the scenes guy that rolls the money......it's not the in your face deal with big flyers or anything like that. Bill, sets up an arrangement and the word gets out.......... people drop a few coins on the race, usually a best of three heads up on a pro tree (time clocks out) with 30 minutes between runs. After the first race, the loser can buy tenths of a second for $500.00 each (which goes into the winners pot) but, only a negotiated amount. The promoter puts up the money for the local and the challenger matches. If challenger wins he takes all.....local wins then he gets a prearranged cut.
I thought he might be up to something because of all the questions he's been asking. I shouldn't had posted this in the first place...........like anything will ever change over there! That's the story.........at least what I know anyway.

Moderators feel free to delete this thread if necessary..........
Ok, cool.Thanks. I obviously saw the thread over there. I'd say as much as anything the total lack of introduction or statement of who he was and what he was doing was probably an issue. There were just 3 consecutive posts with links to your videos and then a statement on the end that you'd race anybody. Not the way that I would think a promoter would approach a legitimate race invitation but I guess to each his own.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #14
PLUMQUICK
Gone Wild

Quote:
Ok, cool.Thanks. I obviously saw the thread over there. I'd say as much as anything the total lack of introduction or statement of who he was and what he was doing was probably an issue. There were just 3 consecutive posts with links to your videos and then a statement on the end that you'd race anybody. Not the way that I would think a promoter would approach a legitimate race invitation but I guess to each his own.

I didn't have anything to do with post and or comments..........

"Invitation".................I don't think it was an invite, more like bring money and line up!
Old 11-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #15
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I didn't have anything to do with post and or comments..........

"Invitation".................I don't think it was an invite, more like bring money and line up!
I didn't say that you did. I don't remember any mention of money in the 3 posts and I'll stand by my statement that it is a very, very odd way to promote a race of any kind. Most people would have at least introduced themselves don't you think? Apparently Mr. Williams must be very much a behind the scenes sort of guy since I can't seem to find a thing about him or the line up money up deal on the old interweb.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #16
PLUMQUICK
Gone Wild

Quote:
I didn't say that you did. I don't remember any mention of money in the 3 posts and I'll stand by my statement that it is a very, very odd way to promote a race of any kind. Most people would have at least introduced themselves don't you think? Apparently Mr. Williams must be very much a behind the scenes sort of guy since I can't seem to find a thing about him or the line up money up deal on the old interweb.
Sorry, can't answer your questions..........

I gave his email.........ask him directly!

Cheers......
Old 11-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #17
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sorry, can't answer your questions..........

I gave his email.........ask him directly!

Cheers......
I was actually asking your opinion with my question but that's ok.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #18
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Perhaps Bill Williams needs an editor to help him explain his proposals to some of the knuckleheads over there. It wouldn't matter if the guys name was Junior Johnson, the minute PQ is brought up those monkeys start throwing their own poo around. It's their loss, not anyone else's. New records are being set everyday, and they are no longer the driving force in the sport. Seems they got what they wanted.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #19
classycarts
Gone Wild

I'd say "total lack of introduction" on Bill's part was a great way to see someones true colors.
classycarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #20
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I gotta get me some of that Plum Quick Sports Drink!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bench racers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing