lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default IQ Wiring Harness Question throttle piece

Got my wiring harness in. Everything looks kosher except for this piece of the wiring to the throttle/pedal. Looks like there is an interface from the old(Excel) main harness to the pedal assembly that isn't present and won't connect the same way..as if this piece isn't needed for the IQ way.

Anyone seen/know what this is for on the Excel's?

Other than that, everything else seems straight forward.

Thanks as always.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (134.5 KB, 0 views)
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: IQ Wiring Harness Question throttle piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
Got my wiring harness in. Everything looks kosher except for this piece of the wiring to the throttle/pedal. Looks like there is an interface from the old(Excel) main harness to the pedal assembly that isn't present and won't connect the same way..as if this piece isn't needed for the IQ way.

Thanks as always.
New wiring is for a Mcor throttle assembly...Not sure what your old assembly is.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well success....we have movement...just backwards. reverse(with buzzer) is forward(slow due to the fact it is probably half power) and forward(no buzzer) is reverse - I think my dentures fell out when I it engaged.

So is that the F1/F2(blue/orange) reversed or the A1/A2(2 gauge)? Or something else? I will go do my research too. Probably won't fix til tomorrow. 2.5 hours to rewire and re-install solenoid and controller.

To my original question. I suspect it was some sort of interface into the mCor for Excel carts. It plugged and played without it as I I suspected.

I will go update my original post from 2 weeks ago so it will have some sort of continuity.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had the same problem when I went from RegenII to IQ. The new harness after install, Forward(switch) was reverse w/buzzer...Reverse was forward no buzzer. Had to switch the 2 outer wires on the switch and then all was good.

CartTrader
Old 08-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
I had the same problem when I went from RegenII to IQ. The new harness after install, Forward(switch) was reverse w/buzzer...Reverse was forward no buzzer. Had to switch the 2 outer wires on the switch and then all was good.

CartTrader
I wasn't so sure its at the switch. I think it is throwing full power(forward in reverse) and half power in forward. Maybe my brain is just tired and not thinking it through - which is why I am will just read for the rest of the night and hide my wrenches from myself until tomorrow. :)
Old 08-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Try flipping the 2 - 10 gauge wires on the motor around.

CartTrader
Old 08-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #7
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

For the record - all problems solved. Reversed the BLUE/ORANGE wires going into the controller. Forward is now forward. Good/great torque. Took a ride through my ditch after stopping in the bottom. No problem getting out(or in).

Battery meter is fixed. For some reason, I lost my ground to the particular wire that was on the original feed from the harness. Since I had ran a extra wire when I wired up the radio, I used it to tap into the ground. Just ignore that it is red :) dangit!.

Life is good!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:

Thanks as always.
The 2009 Precedent was built with a TPS instead of an MCOR. Shortly thereafter, a major recall went into effect for Club Car and all dealers to remove the TPS and convert the cars to MCOR. The TPS had the oval shaped plug on it. The piece you refer to is part of the TPS to MCOR conversion kit. You no longer need it.

For other people's information... There are two flavors of this adapter. One is for IQ, one if for Excel. They look identical, except the Excel version has 461 ohm resistors in each of the three throttle wires, where the IQ has nothing.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The 2009 Precedent was built with a TPS instead of an MCOR. Shortly thereafter, a major recall went into effect for Club Car and all dealers to remove the TPS and convert the cars to MCOR. The TPS had the oval shaped plug on it. The piece you refer to is part of the TPS to MCOR conversion kit. You no longer need it.

For other people's information... There are two flavors of this adapter. One is for IQ, one if for Excel. They look identical, except the Excel version has 461 ohm resistors in each of the three throttle wires, where the IQ has nothing.
Thanks for the explanation - it definitely got removed. Guess my cart missed the recall.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation - it definitely got removed. Guess my cart missed the recall.
I think you misunderstood me. Your car has been updated. That's why it has an MCOR....
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car