lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2013, 05:55 AM   #11
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rebuild

Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2013, 06:04 AM   #12
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Wow this photobucket is awesome!

Started out the day going to local cart shop with my rear end and motor. Getting new wheel bearings and a refreshing of the 1995 motor. Brushes etc.

Great fun walking about a large cart shop. Learned some stuff and talked with the owner Scott about my rebuild.

Ordered some HD springs,new bushings and bolts,OEM running board,replacement riviets (of which there are numerous sizes),shocks (17" Throw extended). That should send the wife into orbit.

I chipped and rust converted the body yesterday so today I truckbed liner painted it, If you use that stuff make sure your area is vented (and wear a mask) WOW its potent.

Painted the fenders with the new plastic paint, first time using it.

Scot told me I could get a job, the hardest part is tearing it down. I think it will be putting it back together with all the parts LOL
Old 04-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #13
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Nice work. good to see you are enjoying the project and photobucket.

the cart shops are fun to visit, all the stuff to see and you try to buy everything!

from the update you said you were going to bedliner the whole body or is it just the frame?

How is the rustoleum stuff to work with? I have been using duplicolor and had pretty good results. I started with the bed armor but I picked up the regular in the spray due to the store I have been using was out. I seem to like it better. it applies easier.

Keep us posted on the progress!
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #14
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
Nice work. good to see you are enjoying the project and photobucket.

the cart shops are fun to visit, all the stuff to see and you try to buy everything!

from the update you said you were going to bedliner the whole body or is it just the frame?

How is the rustoleum stuff to work with? I have been using duplicolor and had pretty good results. I started with the bed armor but I picked up the regular in the spray due to the store I have been using was out. I seem to like it better. it applies easier.

Keep us posted on the progress!
BB I am only doing the frame, floorboard and top with the armorbed rustoleum. I have a camo pattern coming for the body and purchased the camo color rattlecans from Krylon.

The rustoleum is easy greasy, but it has a very strong smell. You will need plenty of air flow gloves and a mask. I bought the quart as I wanted to get a good thick coat. So I brushed it. I do not know about the spray.
The verdict is out on its durability, But the shop has used it for years and recomended it. SO fingers crossed.

Thanks for looking in..
M
Old 04-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #15
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Lookin good so far!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #16
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Lookin good so far!
Thanks Ron! Keep and eye on me so I dont screw up I have the thread "95 Medalist Redbuild " too. I will keep most of the pictures there..

Marc
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides