lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
lenyh1966
Not Yet Wild

Default Prep and painting

Hi all.... I'm new here, but have read alot of great posts about painting and prepping the cart that have helped me a bunch, but either missed or just never seen a couple other answers I'm looking for.I've never painted a cart before but have lifted and other various things to a golf cart,but looking to wade in a little deeper and paint my first....anyways I was wondering if a guy can wait longer between coats of whatever a person is putting on iepromoter/primer/paint/clear....or does it have to be somewhat wet/not totally cured, or can it be totally dry? if you know what I mean.I've heard alot of talk about bull dog promoter but what do you think of duplicolor adhesion promoter,as well as duplicolors paints primer and clear coats for my cart? Thanks

Leny
lenyh1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Prep and painting

so as far as the adhesion promoter goes you really need to stay within directions of after you let it dry to when you apply whatever is going over it. It is designed to soften the plastic to accept the next product over it, so if you let it sit to long the plastic will harden back up. As far as the rest goes are you using rattle cans or are you using a spray gun, single stage paint or base coat clear coat? Give us a little more info and I am sure we can help.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
lenyh1966
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply . I am using rattle can. Heres what I am using and planning on doing ,any pointers are gladly welcome.I'm using all dupli-color product.Adhesion promoter,then sandable primer, then gloss black base,and finally clear coat. I plan on washing with soap and water then sanding down to start with and then using wax/grease remover,any other pointers like I said before are gladly welcome.

Thanks
Leny
Old 10-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If there is no body work to be done then instead of using sand paper to scuff before the adhesion promoter use maroon colored scotchbrite pads. They are way more flexible than sanpaper so you can get in all the tight corners, and you don't have to worry about sanding into the plastic. The only thing you are trying to do here is remove the gloss and scuff it up.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
lenyh1966
Not Yet Wild

I just put the gloss black on and have waited 3 days now. it is totally covered (about 5/6 coats black,3 coats primer), i have the orange peel as i expected it would have,but the black is very blotchey it seems shiney in the vertical places and the dull in the horizontal places. what should be done at this point? should i sand the black down to get the same shinyness all over? or just clear coat over the gloss black and that will cover up the duller areas? then wet sand the clear and then put some compound on. help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Leny
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint