lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
ezgotxtman
Not Yet Wild

Default 12 v. Voltmeter Install.

Converted my "open space" (hole) on 2006 EZGO TXT dash to hold the 12 volt Intellitronix Digital Voltmeter and future Intellitronix Oil Pressure gauges.
I've notice some members here install a radio in this "open space" for what ever the reason EZGO made it for. However, I made a dash plate to cover this area and with a 2-1/6" metal hole saw, made the two holes for the gauges, plus made a hole for the headlight and taillight switch. Install the voltmeter today, and all is working great. I get 13.8 to 14.0 LED reading when running the engine at 1200 rpms.

Last week I ask about the oil pressure light that is near the key and fuel gauge, if the two wires connected to the "little" light unit could be used to connect to a digital oil pressure gauge. Didn't get any good results so to speak of. So, I called EZGO factory about this oil pressure switch that is connected to the engine block. Received an email today, saying the electrical oil pressure switch can work with the digital LED oil pressure gauge, and should give a good pressure reading. I will place my order for a gauge this afternoon.

When all is completed, will give a report to all.

The volt guage shows no LED reading when cart is not running.

Here it shows the volt read-out when engine is running.
ezgotxtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
sodamo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 12 v. Voltmeter Install.

I like it. What did you use for the blank? Would like to fill my hole and add at least the voltmeter. Which meter did you use. I have a digital hour meter that I might install as well.
sodamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
ezgotxtman
Not Yet Wild

For the hole plate, I had a worn out portable battery charger that went bad. Saved the outside metal cover for some reason. Looking for a flat piece of metal with some support and found the old charger cover I had saved. Cut it to the size and from there it was all down hill for the conversion.

I don't the reason...yes I do. Textron Company don't want to spend thirty or so dollars to add these digital voltmeter and oil pressure gauges. People like us need gauges instead of idiot lights.
ezgotxtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
tiger275
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you ever finish this install? Would love to see a picture of how the pressure gauge and voltmeter look all finished up.
tiger275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Which digital old pressure gauge are you using? I've thought about doing the same on 2000 ST350.
tegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO