lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #1
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default My Turn.... now mine won't run.

After fixing everyone else's cart all the time mine now has problems.

Specs; 2001 Regen, AllTrax DCX500PDPlus, Admiral motor, f/r toggle switch.

Situation: Runs in reverse will not go in forward, does not even try. Solenoid clicks though.

1. Checked Toggle switch for continuity, good.

2. Press throttle, solenoid clicks, no movement of tires, DCX throws 5 flashing red error codes, indicating an open.

3. For grins swap the s1 and s2 leads, no change, put wires back to normal.

4. Continuity test of motor, pulled wires off. A1-A2 continuity, S1-S2 Continuity, no continuity between any of the four and the case. No continuity between A1 and S2, slight continuity between A2 and S1. Check again and no continuity... Hmmm

5. Wire motor right to pack, short S1 to A2. Take A1 to -negative, S2 to positive on only 3 batteries, motor runs backwords, reverse connections at battery, motor still runs backwords. Then take S2 and wire to A1 and repeat test, motor runs backwards, swap at the battery and get sparks like a dead short.

6. Pull motor, take apart clean out, nothing obvious, put back together, no shorts, all continuity tests check ok. Install motor.

7. Same symptons. Runs in reverse but not forward.

Any ideas?
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: My Turn.... no mine won't run.

more than likely you have but in case have you checked the micros in the F&R switch? also by the way those switches do go bad i learned that the hard way after over looking it for hours .............but since you have reverse and i,m just guessing the problem should be in the F&R or the micros.....tucked in there.........i think there are 3 of them stacked one against the other.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My Turn.... now mine won't run.

No, there are no micros, this is the toggle switch, on a regen 2 cart with MCOR, everything is done in the controller. There is 1 three wire toggle switch. If the switch is in neutral there is no power to the controller as it should be; put in forward and the controller comes on as it should so not an F/R problem.

I think think this is a motor issue but not sure, one thing for sure is the DCX is seeing an open towards the motor or within the controller itself.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its quite odd to see a motor go bad that way in just one direction.........but stranger things have happened.............this might be one for the gurus whenever they read it..........................................
Old 08-03-2010, 06:22 AM   #5
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

For giggles I replaced the PDPlus adapter on the controller with a new one, hoping for an easy fix, I was denied. Same problems, I am thinking it's either motor or controller.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

my guess is controller but its just a guess....................................
Old 08-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #7
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks like I tested my motor wrong, I wired it for a series instead of a Shunt, so when I get home I will test again with low voltage.

I should have tied S1 to A1 and the S2 to A2. Take 12V positive and hook to the S1/A1 combination and 12V negative goes to the S2/A2 combination.

I wired before for a series... i.e. S1 to A2... then A1 to pack and S2 to pack. So will test again.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i was just gonna post what rabbit told another member i,m thinkin you read the same thing?............................................ .
Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #9
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
i was just gonna post what rabbit told another member i,m thinkin you read the same thing?............................................ .
No but essentially what Rabbit referred to is the same thing I already did but that was for a series motor, for the shunt motor the fields are in parallel so trying to do a test that way won't work. I have to tie A1 and S1 together and A2 and S2 together and then apply voltage to the A1/S1 combo and the A2/S2 combo since their in parallel not series.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor tests.jpg (24.1 KB, 42 views)
Old 08-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
redriderno22
let it SNOW

Club Car

sounds like a motor problem to me

test the output on the controller while in foreward to see if anything is going to the motor

then try the motor test like you have it in your last post
redriderno22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car