lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Flow-Rite Pro-fill Battery Watering system

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasStar View Post
To thine own self be true.

I know myself well enough to know that I will not check/fill the cells often enough if I have to do it manually. I also live 800 mile away from my cart and I love gadgets that make things easier. It took less than 30 minutes to install and cost less than 2 bills. Now anyone can fill it and I know it will be done right.

I called Flow-Rite and ended up talking to the owner/designer who was a great guy. Flow-Rite also designed Trojan's fill system. So I went ahead and bought it from them on the spot since their price was competitive with what I was finding on the net. This is a wonderfully engineered product that was a no-brainer for me.
Do not let this device replace the necessity of opening up the cells and using your own eyes to verify what is going on with your batteries.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #12
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I use one of these, fills batteries perfectly, stops automatically and less than $10:
http://www.carparts.com/BATTERY-FILL...=10618-2006127

dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #13
mlj427
Gone Wild

Just found out the black panel on my 2010 Star over the 3 rear batteries doesn't flip up. It is one piece with the motor inspection cover. I will have to think of a way to cut and hinge it. I sure can't fit my battery bottle under that.
Mike
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #14
TejasStar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Do not let this device replace the necessity of opening up the cells and using your own eyes to verify what is going on with your batteries.
Per the instructions, I plan to check them every quarter. After the first few discharge cycles, I plan to check it just to make sure it's working properly.

Thanks
TejasStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #15
TejasStar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
lol No, nothing like that. We've got a place in SW Va, and that's where the cart is. If she was my X, we would have worked out something out--like she gets the kitchen stuff and I get the cart
So how is the long distance relationship working for you? I'm worried that my cart will find someone else to drive her, or discharge her batteries just to get more attention.
TejasStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #16
avadhanam
Not Yet Wild

Bought a universal Flo Rite watering system from a local wholesaler. He is the official part supplier for US Battery. Since the kind of battery we have in our carts (www.usbattery.com/usb_us250hcxc.html) does not have manifolds on the top, I was told that a universal kit would be good.

Anyone has any experience buying a kit, cutting the tube and installing a watering system? The kit cost me about 170$ including the pump, valve caps etc. about 100$ cheaper than what DE is charging on their website (220$ + 30$ shipping)
avadhanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #17
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by avadhanam View Post
Bought a universal Flo Rite watering system from a local wholesaler. He is the official part supplier for US Battery. Since the kind of battery we have in our carts (www.usbattery.com/usb_us250hcxc.html) does not have manifolds on the top, I was told that a universal kit would be good.

Anyone has any experience buying a kit, cutting the tube and installing a watering system? The kit cost me about 170$ including the pump, valve caps etc. about 100$ cheaper than what DE is charging on their website (220$ + 30$ shipping)
Havent had the experience cutting and installing but it doesn't look too hard. I have mine installed by DE. It is absolutely the best accessory I purchased. it has been hot as hell in Florida this summer. It's a breeze to add water. i added about 3 quarts this afternoon before playing golf. It took 2 mins. I would install all the manifolds first then measure twice and cut your hoses. Instructions say to leave a little curve in the hoses between manifolds and make sure the inlet tube which hooks into the pump attaches somewhere in the middle. I have attached a few photos showing what the installation looks like.

Last edited by jantrree; 07-16-2010 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: trying to add pictures
jantrree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #18
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

$200 for something to pour water in your batteries? you guys are nuts
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #19
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

just topped off my batteries, cost 87 cents for a gallon of distilled water @ wallyworld and grabbed a plastic cup outta the kitchen cabinet. Took me a total of 17 minutes, which included removing/reinstalling seat and access cover.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #20
avadhanam
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Jantrree for the pics. That really helps. thats the exact same kit that I bought. I will get this installed tomorrow.
avadhanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay