lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2019, 10:14 AM   #1
OnTheFence
Not Yet Wild

Default Understanding RXV brake

Should the brake slow the car with less than full pedal? It seems mine does nothing until the pedal is fully depressed resulting in complete lock up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OnTheFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2019, 10:23 AM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Understanding RXV brake

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
Should the brake slow the car with less than full pedal? It seems mine does nothing until the pedal is fully depressed resulting in complete lock up

Duplicate post

Last edited by rockfordpi; 09-01-2019 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: Double post
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #3
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post

Yes, brake should slow the cart before full pedal. When you first press the pedal, the cart is slowed by regeneration through the motor (and also charges your batteries)

At full pedal, the mechanical brake is applied which locks the drive train. Full pedal is basically an emergency brake and you should try to avoid full pedal if possible because it is easy to damage that mechanical brake when coming to a fast stop.

I will let the experts explain why you might not be getting brake effect before you get to full pedal as though I think I understand it, because it is a braking issue, I would prefer someone with more experience provide feedback.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:28 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Do you have high speed gears? (25mph +) Those greatly diminish the motors braking force. Stock rxv can only do about 19mph from the factory, maybe +1 or 2 for larger street tires, more for off-road tires.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO