lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #1
Sea
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent solenoid

I have a Precedent "forgot the year" that has no voltage to the small wires on the solenoid with pedal down. Both wires read neg-. Big lugs read 50v and controller side 49v pedal up and down. MS and MCOR work to spec. Does this solenoid activate on 48 v and which wire is suppose to be Pos+? I see they both trace back to the small wire connector on the controller.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2019, 05:39 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent solenoid

You need the Key On, in Fwd, Run/Tow in Run, and Go Pedal depressed. Did you do all that?

And yes, between the 2 small post you should have 48v or pack voltage.

The light Blue supplies the 48v+ and the Blue w/White supplies the 48v- "after" all the permissiveness have been met.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:53 PM   #3
Sea
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I wanted to know. No voltage on wires and I traced them back to the controller. And yes key On, in Fwd, Run/Tow in Run, and Go Pedal depressed. I just read about the reset , I'll try that next.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:09 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Now you need to know which one you are missing. The 48+ or 48-....
(Cart jacked up, key on, rocker switch in Fwd, and pedal depressed)
At the solenoid small posts do the following:
1- Take your DVM and place the red lead on the solid blue wire and the black lead on the main pack negative. You should get 48vdc (If not, we lost the Pos Input)
2- Next, take your DVM and place the black lead on the blue/white stripe wire and the red lead on the main pack positive. You should get 48vdc (If not, we lost the Neg input which needs all the Positives before it will pull low)
Old 06-18-2019, 03:19 PM   #5
Sea
Not Yet Wild

I apologize for not getting back,it was unavoidable. I've used a DVM all my life and I very confuse why I couldn't get voltage in the two small solenoid wires, but in the process I checked the solenoid and the primary or activation side was open. So I replaced it and the cart is working fine. Thanks for the fast reply. This is a great cart forum.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:17 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Sounds great. Glad you are rolling again!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car