lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
MacGyverI'mNot
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 Club Car Precedent Jerking

I am a mom of 2 young boys and I am having the same problem! I am using this and youtube to try to fix it myself.

2016 Club Car Precedent with 6 in lift
Serial number JE1617-639953
controller serial # 698758
6- PD+ 8v batteries ( 4 read 8.2-8.4, 2 read 6.2-6.4)
I have changed the MCOR4 which did nothing

What should my next step be?
MacGyverI'mNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2019, 09:32 AM   #2
MacGyverI'mNot
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2016 Club Car Precedent Jerking

I just plugged in the silver charger with a yellow cord ;) and I heard a click, then the cart beeped. The charger is flashing two bars.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to replace the batteries, they should measure around 8.5V each after a full charge and 12 hour of rest (no driving).

The ones with the 6.xV have lost a cell each as each cell is around 2.1V.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:58 AM   #4
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sergio is always spot on with his advice as he is way more experienced than I am. Do all the 2016s come with a 48V to 12V converter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SCCLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #5
MacGyverI'mNot
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You need to replace the batteries, they should measure around 8.5V each after a full charge and 12 hour of rest (no driving).

The ones with the 6.xV have lost a cell each as each cell is around 2.1V.
One last thing Sergio. I tested the small terminals on solenoid with key on and in forward position. It didn't click and read 0.2. I don't know if I did it right.

I will replace the batteries and update next week.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:07 PM   #6
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Some carts don't have a 48-12 volt converters and instead use two 8 volts batteries (16 volts) to power accessories such as radios, lights, etc. Is it possible that you, or the two young boys, used the cart to listen to the radio for an extended period of time and ran down the two batteries? And, you do know that you need to check/add distilled water to the batteries on a regular basis, right? If not, you will be replacing all six shortly.
SCCLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:36 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyverI'mNot View Post
One last thing Sergio. I tested the small terminals on solenoid with key on and in forward position. It didn't click and read 0.2. I don't know if I did it right.

I will replace the batteries and update next week.
You have to have the cart jacked up and depress the Go Pedal for the solenoid to activate. The two (2) small posts receive the 48v + & - required to close in the field coil, which in turns activates you solenoid by closing the circuit bridge (pulling it up) and allowing the current to flow through it from the batteries to your controller.

As previously pointed out, your issue is the batteries. For troubleshooting purposes, they must be replaced before you can test any further (if there is still a problem) as they are the first issue identified in the "Yes/No" testing matrix.

PS- There are no saving, fixing, repairing those bad batteries. Do not fall for any internet gimmicks/scams. You have four (4) cells in each battery that creates the 8.x vdc required to operate and you have 2 failed cells.... A new pack is required. (Or if you happen to have 2 batteries of the same type and age to get you by, but 2 new ones in series with the 4 old ones will only ruin the new ones fairly quickly)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:37 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The two weak batteries..... are they the ones furthest towards the driver's side of the cart? If so, your cart has a 16 to 12V converter on it, and somebody left the lights or the radio on for too long and caused an imbalance in the battery pack.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:57 AM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The two weak batteries..... are they the ones furthest towards the driver's side of the cart? If so, your cart has a 16 to 12V converter on it, and somebody left the lights or the radio on for too long and caused an imbalance in the battery pack.
Hey Dawg, hadn't they phased out those dinosaurs by 2016.... I thought they were gone in the late '90s early '00s?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:57 AM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Hey Dawg, hadn't they phased out those dinosaurs by 2016.... I thought they were gone in the late '90s early '00s?

Nope. Still using them today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car