lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
bake
Not Yet Wild

Default powerwise 2 charger

Came across a deal on a powerwise 2 charger for a club car 48 volt. Can I change the plug and use it on my 97 yamaha 48 volt?? I borrowed a MAC charger from a friend and the cart charged and ran good. Don't want to screw anything up right off the bat. Thanks.
bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
gaston
Gone Wild

Default Re: powerwise 2 charger

Are you talking about powerwise 2 ferrosonant heavy Ezgo charger, if so, that's a 36volt charger and will not work with Yamaha.
Now, if you are talking about the new Powerwise QE Electronic charger (Delta Q) then that will work with Yamaha but is not just about changing plug.
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
bake
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: powerdrive 2 charger

I'm sorry, its a powerdrive 2, mod# 22110, 13 amp, 48 volt charger.

It says club car on it and also has the club car plug.

Thanks
bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
gaston
Gone Wild

Default Re: powerwise 2 charger

It will NOT WORK with Yamaha.

One of the bad things Club Car has is those proprietary chargers that work among with the so called OBC (which stands for on board computer) a piece of stupid engineering that has the computer that control the charger on the golf cart and not the charger.
Your Yamaha for instance does not have an OBC installed on it so the charger is pure crap if not used with Club Car.
Also, 13amp is a really low amperage for charging, look for at least 17amp charger, I recommend you buy a Delta Q onboard charger 48v. If you cannot find it online me drop me a PM.
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha