lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2016, 09:38 AM   #1
omnicare
Not Yet Wild

Default Series F/R switch micro switch wiring?

I am basically needing a clear picture/diagram/schematic of the wiring to the F/R switch micro-switches (ms). I have replaced my old switch as well as controller with a new Navitas controller and have screwed up the wires somehow. (I took photos and I thought I labeled them correctly from the old ALLTRAX AXE). The instructions from NAVITAS are woefully inadequate and unclear. There is no schematic offered. The only schematic I can find is from D&D and its does not show the microswitches. I find others with the ms on this site but is for shunt or PDS vehicles I think. I am totally befuddled at this point and do not want to short anything. I have been messing with this cart for 6 weeks and have replaced EVERYTHING! Now need to wire it right.
omnicare is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2016, 09:54 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Series F/R switch micro switch wiring?

here is the wiring diagram for your cart......the colors of the wires are color coded with factory wires. I'm not talking about the colors on the diagram, but the labeled colors on the diagram.

Series Cart Wiring Diagram.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:23 PM   #3
omnicare
Not Yet Wild

Sir Duke, WOW! That is totally different than how it was connected with the Alltrax controller. I have seen this schematic before but got confused from pictures from the original.

My original has only 4 connections on the controller (besides the B+, B-, and M.)
The red wire from throttle switch is on 1. The black from the ITS is on 2. the white from ITS is on 3. The orange for reverse buzzer is on 4.
On the F/R switch: Blue from Key switch is on first spade on microswitch,

A red (i think connected to battery +) is on second spade.

The orange is on the third spade on the other microswitch.

It is possible that they got all screwed up but please look at them and tell me if they were correct then.

The schematic shows white from ITS on 1. Black from ITS on 2. Orange on 3. And red on 4. plus 2 more empty connectors on controller.

The new controller NAVITAS 600a is upposed to connect relatively the same. except there is a module that the throttle wires connect to that mimic the connections on the Alltrax controller. so are supposed to connect in the same order! I can send pictures but uploading pictures on this forum is different from others (I do not how to find the URL of my images).
Old 09-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think you are looking for this,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.1Ezgo F&R instruc EZ575.jpg (120.5 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:43 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

that is the FACTORY colors.....we don't know if your wires are factory or not. what you need to do is to trace them out and know exactly where each wire does to and from. and yes it would help to have some pictures.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:33 AM   #6
omnicare
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to you guys. I figured it out. Still not a clear schematic that represents my cart but by elimination recognized where the "red" (+) wire went from the soleniod to the microswitch.

Now a new question that I will submit a new thread for.

R
Old 12-05-2020, 08:23 PM   #7
AG5421
Not Yet Wild

Sorry guys I’m new to this. I’ve looked over a couple f/r diagrams for my cart (98 txt -series)

On one schematic it’s showing complete opposite from motors wires.

On the latest schematic shown do the terminals (3,5,4, connect as following (4-motor wire/post A1 connects, 5- motor wire/post S1 connects)?

Sorry if this sounds dumb

Thank you in advance.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/atta...1&d=1607218294
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3C522344-1AA4-4DC5-964C-FEA20E9CFBD4.jpg (10.3 KB, 0 views)
AG5421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 09:01 PM   #8
AG5421
Not Yet Wild

Quick update,

I have got my 98 txt (series) hooked up with factory controller (1206). It runs and works flawlessly. I took apart and installed the Navitas 440 with a heavy duty solenoid. My issue now is 2 flash code (solenoid taking to much current) according to book. It also only registers reverse (when in forward direction) on the app and nothing in reverse. I changed nothing when swapping controllers. Also on the app my key doesn’t register on/off.

I hooked everything up the way the 1206 controller was installed minus the A2 motor wire to the f/r. Instead hooked to B+ on controller as stated in directions for 20 pin plug. I have installed new diode that it recommends to the large posts of the solenoid. I did not hook one up to the small post on the solenoid.

What is causing these issue?

Thanks in advance,

Alec
AG5421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 02:58 AM   #9
Mnemonic Ghost
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

0.1Ezgo F&R instruc EZ575.jpg

20210218_235029.jpg

I am having the same issue too. I'm no schematic guru either but I understand most of the install diagram except exactly how the F&R gets wired up. These two diagrams are conflicting. I have a HD F&R and Alltrax.

#3 = M- or B+???
#8 = S2
#5 = S1
#4 = A1 or A2???
Mnemonic Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:15 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It doesn't matter if the controller is made by Alltrax or Curtis or Navitas, the F/R switch is wired the same way, or at least can be wired the same way since there are more than one way the F/R can be wired and still work properly.

EZGO chose to wire their series drives in TXT carts as follows:
F/R's A stud goes to Controller's B+ terminal.
F/R's B stud goes to Motor's S1 terminal.
F/R's C stud goes to Motor's A2 terminal.
F/R's D stud goes to Motor's S2 terminal.
Controller's M- terminal goes to Motor's A1 terminal.

Medalist cart with 1204 controller were wired same as above, with 1206 controller where motor's S1 and S2 terminals were connected were swapped.

The series drive in a Marathon controller cart was different than either of the above and the Marathon resistor type series drive was wired differently to all of the above.

Bottom line: Pick one of the four or more ways to wire the F/R switch and stick to it. They will all work.

Here is a TXT series drive with a three terminal controller (no A2 terminal on controller) with high amp circuit highlighted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series- No A2 -Hi-Current traced.JPG (57.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO