lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
DSFB
Not Yet Wild

Default 22'' tires loss of torque??

Im new here and have some questions. I have an ezgo marathon that I am going from stock tires to 22''. how much torque will be lost? How much top end? thank you guys
DSFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
ericmiyako
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 22'' tires loss of torque??

Welcome! Somebody will come along and give you more information than you can probably absorb, but in the meantime I will tell you that your top end will increase with bigger tires/wheels. How much? I can't say, but my tires are similar size and the same cart with standard tires can't keep up with me. With no other changes I'm getting 18mph.
ericmiyako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Gas Cart? You'll prob gain 15-20% more top end speed, but it'll take you a while to get there. Off the line performance will go down about the same %. You'll feel more sluggish taking off, especially with a load or uphill. The remedy is to install a stiffer spring in the secondary clutch, but that makes reaching your top speed more difficult. Typically a lifted cart with 22" tires, a secondary clutch spring, and good clutches will typically do what most people want for normal use.

Electric cart? No idea LOL.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
DSFB
Not Yet Wild

it is electric but converting to 6.5hp gas. I seen it done on stock size carts but my cart has 22' tires already. the carts ive seen have great torque(more than enough because tires spin) so i figured same gear setup would be fine. Right?
Old 11-30-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Welcome to BGW DSFB!

No offense... but, in my opinion, a 6.5hp gas engine won't be able to compete with ANY stock electric or gas cart!
(and I'm a gasser enthusiast!)
I'd suggest either keeping it a sparky, or "upping" the horsepower of the engine!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 02:43 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Welcome to BGW DSFB!

No offense... but, in my opinion, a 6.5hp gas engine won't be able to compete with ANY stock electric or gas cart!
(and I'm a gasser enthusiast!)
I'd suggest either keeping it a sparky, or "upping" the horsepower of the engine!

I agree. Especially with the lift and tires. I think you may be disappointed with the small engine. Those just don't have much torque at all, and that's what you need to turn the tires.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 04:21 PM   #7
DSFB
Not Yet Wild

Have any of you seen the 6.d swaps here? They are getting good torque(more than stock) and 15-17mph. This is just a family cruiser, no demon. The whole swap will cost about 300 vs batts that cost almost 600.From what ive seen the carts are good neighbrhood cruisers. not for mudding or offroading, just riding these flat dirt roads with family.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:22 PM   #8
DSFB
Not Yet Wild

I was going to go to a bigger motor but dont want to basterdize the cart too much.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #9
DSFB
Not Yet Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...200-clone.html

Doing this exact swap
Old 11-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I think it will work ok but no they don't have the power of a normal cart. You can change the gearing that will help. I would highly recommend you get the tav2 cvt for it like the other 6.5 build did, and you can vary the sprocket you use on that to change gearing. CVT will work a lot better and they are like $130 last I knew, they bolt to the engine. Otherwise you have to buy a gokart clutch and you end up with one gear ratio. It is also easy to get 8hp out of the 6.5 just read on the gokart sites just get a rev kit they are really cheap. Pretty much HD springs and an advance key for the flywheel, then a k&n style air cleaner or rig up something for a larger HP engine (I used one out of a car for $10 at a boneyard). Figure out how to run a header out of it into a larger muffler for a car or larger lawn equip/etc, you are set, no governor needed. Hog the jet out in the carb with drills or torch cleaner until it runs better or plug is not light color.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts