lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
NJDevil
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default New Problem 1987 CC wont go!

All of you that can help me understand this problem with solenoids please feel free to comment or reply to this

NJDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: New Problem 1987 CC wont go!

have you tried jumping the master with a peice of cable see if cart runs? just because its clicking dosn,t mean its good..........as for the 5th one ( right side ) try putting cart in reverse see if it clicks as that one is for reverse.......as well as 4th speed......and lastly you say your pretty certain micros are good? all the work you did take the box off take it apart and check them and the plastic slider......there are 5 stacked in there 1 for each solenoid........1st though since master clicks jack rear up and jump large post see if cart runs......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
NJDevil
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
have you tried jumping the master with a peice of cable see if cart runs? just because its clicking dosn,t mean its good..........as for the 5th one ( right side ) try putting cart in reverse see if it clicks as that one is for reverse.......as well as 4th speed......and lastly you say your pretty certain micros are good? all the work you did take the box off take it apart and check them and the plastic slider......there are 5 stacked in there 1 for each solenoid........1st though since master clicks jack rear up and jump large post see if cart runs......................................
When you say "JUMP IT" can you detail that please
Old 08-30-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Jack up rear end...put a wire equal to the size of your battery cables across the two large post of the solenoid closest to drivers side...leave all wires hooked up when doing this by the way...hit pedal and see if cart moves...If you dont have a cable you can use a screwdriver or similar but it will arc/spark and leave marks on your tools so I wouldn't use your fav snap-on driver...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Jack up rear end...put a wire equal to the size of your battery cables across the two large post of the solenoid closest to drivers side...leave all wires hooked up when doing this by the way...hit pedal and see if cart moves...If you dont have a cable you can use a screwdriver or similar but it will arc/spark and leave marks on your tools so I wouldn't use your fav snap-on driver...
exactly, just use a jumper wire or a screwdriver and touch both large post at same time, you,ll get a little sparkage so compose yourself and carry on......after you have jumper in place turn key on put in gear hit pedal see if cart runs........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
NJDevil
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
exactly, just use a jumper wire or a screwdriver and touch both large post at same time, you,ll get a little sparkage so compose yourself and carry on......after you have jumper in place turn key on put in gear hit pedal see if cart runs........................................
Ok I will do the when I get back to it I am a bit stressed out over this buggy

Guess it will not make the Weekend party!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Have you checked the micro switches that fire the solenoids? Or can you verify that the solenoids are actually getting the signal to 'fire'....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
NJDevil
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Have you checked the micro switches that fire the solenoids? Or can you verify that the solenoids are actually getting the signal to 'fire'....
That is the next step I just ordered 5 new switches & 5 new solenoids too I figured what the heck may as well do it up right
Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #9
NJDevil
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I am about to give up and that not me
Old 09-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #10
NJDevil
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Also. Does this look correct ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347578501.873980.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car