lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2019, 09:39 AM   #1
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 05 CC Precedent 14 cell Leaf Lithium conversion.

Well thanks to my supportive wife, the info and members on BGW (especially Pingeye3!) USPS, UPS, FEDEX and DHL have been stopping by non-stop for a couple of weeks. Drove to Orlando last weekend and met Pingeye3 and left with a boatload of knowledge and a couple sets of plates covers and diagrams to get started. Can't say thanks enough!

I have sourced enough materials to complete 2 packs. I'm using most of the parts that others have been using successfully. I plan to put together my complete materials list with p/n for anyone who needs it when I'm done.

My cart has the 4 x 12v battery configuration with the plate dividing the battery tub into two. As part of my install I plan to remove the divider plate to allow for a single 14 cell pack vice a split pack.

Big pieces:
- (14) 2017 Nissan Leaf 120ah cells (EV Battery)
- Zeva BMS with Monitor, and Hall Effect coil (not shunt)
- 30 amp 12v converter
- temporary 10 amp charger (still playing with options besides the Elcon TC...)

When the cells arrived there was some minor damage to the corners of the aluminum case which did not appear to affect the cells inside. They were easily bent back into shape.

And the fun starts!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2019, 10:30 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 05 CC Precedent 14 cell Leaf Lithium conversion.

Sounds like a Plan!!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:50 PM   #3
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

First day work is done. The first pack is assembled with bus bars installed and BMS tap wires installed. I also had time to go hit a bucket of balls at the range...

If ordering your batteries from EV Battery Center request the old tap harness terminals. Clip off the old wire, strip 3/16" from 20ga tap wire, tin both with solder. Then solder together and cover with short piece of heat shrink. These work much better than ring terminals!

The ZEVA BMS was ordered 7 days ago and was shipped via DHL this morning and should arrive in 7 days.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:43 PM   #4
bwc_oh33
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks for sharing this info [emoji106][emoji2532]- looking forward to seeing your build come together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwc_oh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:41 AM   #5
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Sounds like you're on the right track.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:52 AM   #6
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Sounds like you're on the right track. [emoji106]
Thanks, it's hard not to be on the right track if you take the time to filter through all the all the info here and have such great support!!!

I live in The Villages in FL. and we have more than 90 miles of cart paths and its something like 15 miles top to bottom and growing... For that reason gas carts are king around here, but these packs are a game changer!

Old 01-10-2019, 09:18 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Nice work. I have this same setup on my Yamaha cart going on three years and it works great. I would do it the same way again with 14 modules. The entire pack weighs about 110 pounds and it takes up about half the volume of the batteries it replaced. If you are really on a tight budget you can get away with 7 modules but then you have to be much more careful about how far you drive before charging.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:21 AM   #8
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Nice work. I have this same setup on my Yamaha cart going on three years and it works great. I would do it the same way again with 14 modules. The entire pack weighs about 110 pounds and it takes up about half the volume of the batteries it replaced. If you are really on a tight budget you can get away with 7 modules but then you have to be much more careful about how far you drive before charging.
Thanks, I've read the threads but realistically what kind of mileage do you think I can expect with 14 modules, 20-22" tires and moderate driving 20-22mph on mostly flat streets...?

Old 01-10-2019, 10:25 AM   #9
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
Thanks, I've read the threads but realistically what kind of mileage do you think I can expect with 14 modules, 20-22" tires and moderate driving 20-22mph on mostly flat streets...?

I know you quoted volt_ampere, but depending on the condition of your modules I’d guess a good 30 miles is in your future.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #10
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybird View Post
I know you quoted volt_ampere, but depending on the condition of your modules I’d guess a good 30 miles is in your future.
I'm hoping for 30-40 miles... but anything is an improvement over the 12.5 miles two days ago when the awe s**t light came on on the way home.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car