lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2021, 02:50 PM   #11
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car DS won’t do ANYTHING !! Move, charge, click, buzz…nothing

So the OBC is what makes the ground complete. If the OBC is bad, then youre losing ground. If you take the black wire off the charger port and run it directly to the main negative post, then youre bypassing the OBC. I usually trace the black wire back to where it goes into the OBC. Clip the wire BEFORE the OBC and run it to the main NEG post. This will bypass the OBC. -OR- you can run a jumper wire from the MAIN NEG post to the Ground side of the solenoid, (small black wire on the solenoid). If you run a jumper and the solenoid clicks than you know the OBC is bad.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2021, 08:31 PM   #12
89awiley
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott quail View Post
So the OBC is what makes the ground complete. If the OBC is bad, then youre losing ground. If you take the black wire off the charger port and run it directly to the main negative post, then youre bypassing the OBC. I usually trace the black wire back to where it goes into the OBC. Clip the wire BEFORE the OBC and run it to the main NEG post. This will bypass the OBC. -OR- you can run a jumper wire from the MAIN NEG post to the Ground side of the solenoid, (small black wire on the solenoid). If you run a jumper and the solenoid clicks than you know the OBC is bad.
Am I leaving the small black wire still attached when I do this ? And I was told by someone else that when I did that o should hear the reverse buzzer sound, is that so ? I have tried the jumper, heard the solenoid click, and still no buzzer
89awiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:38 PM   #13
89awiley
Not Yet Wild

Also I did just try clipping black wire on the back of receptacle and run to main battery neg and still nothing
Old 12-02-2021, 08:50 PM   #14
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89awiley View Post
Also I did just try clipping black wire on the back of receptacle and run to main battery neg and still nothing
That only bypasses the OBC for the charger power.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:06 PM   #15
89awiley
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
That only bypasses the OBC for the charger power.
Makes sense. So it still could be a bad OBC then ?
Old 12-02-2021, 10:50 PM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yes. The OBC can keep the cart from running. You can bypass that if you follow the sticky thread.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:42 PM   #17
89awiley
Not Yet Wild

So two more questions…

1. Is the black wire with the yellow butt connector coming off controller supposed to be plugged into something ?

2. I have a extra Precedent OBC and was wondering if this could be used on the DS. Looks like everything is the same besides the one extra single pole plug, what is that for ? And the fact it doesn’t have a wire for fuse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00D22462-78C7-443D-9957-FDAA6B819252.jpg (165.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 95508C41-FC47-4D51-A8D9-FE3291F9CCA7.jpg (165.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car