lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2021, 08:15 PM   #61
badankle
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How-To OBC Bypass the Easy Way

Hi and Thanks for the great post. Trying to figure out how to remove the stock charge receptacle and replace it with a 110 plug so i can charge with my new lithium charger. The 10g wire is on the old stock charge receptacle and that is used to bypass the OBC by connecting it to the Battery Neg post. I am new to all of this and forgive me if I am missing the obvious.2007 Club Cart DS , Big Battery Upgrade to lithium pack.
badankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2021, 03:07 AM   #62
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by badankle View Post
Hi and Thanks for the great post. Trying to figure out how to remove the stock charge receptacle and replace it with a 110 plug so i can charge with my new lithium charger. The 10g wire is on the old stock charge receptacle and that is used to bypass the OBC by connecting it to the Battery Neg post. I am new to all of this and forgive me if I am missing the obvious.2007 Club Cart DS , Big Battery Upgrade to lithium pack.
Something like this would probably work.

Or there’s a multitude of RV purposes “shore power” receptacles that would surely fit the bill.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/AC-WORKS...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you’ve got a wire that needs to go to pack - post just take it off the charger port and run it directly to pack -
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:16 AM   #63
badankle
Not Yet Wild

Thanks !! Took your advise and installed a shore power receptacle . Works great
badankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:55 PM   #64
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

FYI, with an Alltrax XCT controller, you don't have to jump the blue wire. Just unplug it.
ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:00 AM   #65
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousuxndallas View Post
FYI, with an Alltrax XCT controller, you don't have to jump the blue wire. Just unplug it.
So I was wrong. You still have to manually splice the blue and white wires together to bypass the shutdown feature. No way to use the Alltrax software to bypass it.
ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:19 PM   #66
urungus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi, I am new to obc bypass procedure and have a few questions

1) What is the advantage of those complicated $100 obc bypass kits I see on eBay, if obc can be bypassed by connecting a few wires as described in first post of this thread ? (Maybe you don’t need to cut any wires if you use one of the kits ?)

2) Allied Lithium sells an obc bypass cable for $50 which seems much simpler than the other solutions (just a single wire) and does not require any cutting of wires. Are there any drawbacks to this (other than cost) ? Why would I get one of those complicated $100 kits if a single wire can do the same thing ?
urungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:22 PM   #67
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

1) None whatsoever. It's $3 worth of plastic that's being marketed and marked up for profit.
2) Same thing.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:28 PM   #68
urungus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for lightning fast response ! But still unclear why original post requires making modifications to several wires, if same thing can be accomplished by disconnecting one black wire near the obc and connecting it to negative battery terminal (Allied Lithium approach).
urungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:44 PM   #69
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You need to the complete bypass. The black wire controls charging. The other mod will keep the cart from running if the OBC thinks the cart is charging. You need to follow the sticky and you will be good.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 05:30 PM   #70
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
You need to the complete bypass. The black wire controls charging. The other mod will keep the cart from running if the OBC thinks the cart is charging. You need to follow the sticky and you will be good.

What he said.

And then you can take the whole OBC out of the cart and chuck it where it belongs - in the garbage

I actually sold mine on eBay for like 50 bucks. It worked fine I just didn’t want extra crap in the cart that doesn’t need to be there.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car