lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2021, 10:09 PM   #11
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Extreme Team Lithium 48V 100AH (58.4V) Pack

I think I had the SOC calibrated properly when I installed the pack. Fully charged it, let settle an hour and set meter to 100%. But when the meter read 17% once pack shut off. The Daly app was actually higher like 26% so we headed home but was still like 3 blocks away. The battery case meter was at 0% but was driving it until I was pushing it. Now I don’t trust it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
As a very smart man (Pat911) told me early on, LiFePo4 voltage is not linear with the SOC meter and shouldn't be considered when deciding charge status.

In fact, you should charge your LiFePo4 pack, let the charger shut off, then zero your SOC meter at 100%. This will automatically put your Amp/hour meter at full pack Ah.

You can pretty much ignore the voltage readings for all practical purposes. Start your ride at 100%, and ride until you have a 20% SOC minimum. This will give you an emergency get home charge without damaging your pack.

Remember you can charge liFePo4 every day if you want. Ten 10% charges equal ONE life cycle, just as one 100% charge equals ONE life cycle. This way I always have my pack topped off in case I get the urge to take a 30 mile ride.

That doesn't happen too much this time of year!
mnealuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2021, 10:59 PM   #12
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnealuf View Post
I think I had the SOC calibrated properly when I installed the pack. Fully charged it, let settle an hour and set meter to 100%. But when the meter read 17% once pack shut off. The Daly app was actually higher like 26% so we headed home but was still like 3 blocks away. The battery case meter was at 0% but was driving it until I was pushing it. Now I don’t trust it.
I sure understand your concern. You should be getting 40 miles on a full charge.

Something just isn't right and I can't put my finger on it. It almost seems like your charger is not completely charging the battery. I may have missed it but what charger are you using? Does the BMS automatically shut it off?

Keep bumping this until someone more knowledgeable can explain what might be going on here. Or better yet, start your own thread and see who can jump in to help.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:50 AM   #13
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

I agree, it seems like when the cart sits with no draw the voltage should remain close to the orginal settle value for a long long time (I know if will drop in the first hour or whatever ) but after that I would it expect to stay there for weeks . . . The charger is thier on board,it goes to trickle or whatever but honestly I need to be put a DMM on the pack and see what voltage it shuts off. I am not sure if the BMS disconnects it or if the charger has a voltage sense and does the swap.

Quote:
I sure understand your concern. You should be getting 40 miles on a full charge.

Something just isn't right and I can't put my finger on it. It almost seems like your charger is not completely charging the battery. I may have missed it but what charger are you using? Does the BMS automatically shut it off?

Keep bumping this until someone more knowledgeable can explain what might be going on here. Or better yet, start your own thread and see who can jump in to help.
mnealuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:43 PM   #14
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnealuf View Post
Disregard the Daly app. The Daly BMS’s don’t coulomb count correctly, especially at low currents.

You can reset a coulomb counting (one with a shunt) SOC once the charger cuts off. Settling voltage will not lower the SOC as the SOC relies on current out vs current in, not voltage.

If your battery is cutting off when your SOC meter gets to 17% then the battery capacity set in your SOC meter is 17% too high. So if you have 100Ah set as the battery capacity, lower it to 83Ah.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:12 PM   #15
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
As a very smart man (Pat911) told me early on...
Tom, I think you're delusional. Have you taken your meds today.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car