lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2021, 06:11 PM   #1
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default toro workman belt problems and acceleration

please let me know also i got this in right forum...just bought my 1st ever cart, year still unknown but its a toro workman (i believe) 2110 model#07277, i bought it the other day and the little old man :) told me the belt was stretched out, and he showed me it ran started it up and we drove around for a few minutes before the belt started slipping......so i bought it ordered a new belt came in today put on and backed out of garage, and that was it wouldnt go forward or backward p.s this is gas, seemed like the engine wasnt running i mean it started but when u gave gas it didnt throttle up? same speed? anyway put the old belt back on and nothing again? belts old and new seem identical in size old belt has alot of cracks in it, is there a way to adjust pulleys to tighten belt? should i get a smaller belt,just unsure of what to do next...motor revved up fine at sellers house now it starts but doesnt seem to accelerate? was wondering if its motor,or is it suppose to be like that if belt to loose? would appreciate some direction as to what to do next, sorry so long but wanted to try and give u guys an idea of what was what...im printing up manuals and trying to find all info on net i have the serial number or any other info u need to help me figure this out just holler. thnx bb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toro.jpg (178.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg toro2.jpg (173.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg toro3.jpg (142.9 KB, 0 views)
beachbumtroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2021, 08:14 PM   #2
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: toro workman belt problems and acceleration

Have you contacted Toro CS? This is a beginning. Hopefully, they will direct you further.
https://www.toro.com/en/customer-sup...stomer-inquiry

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:32 PM   #3
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Smile Re: toro workman belt problems and acceleration

they dont offer free mechanical help these r their words

Please know that this is NOT a Mechanical Help desk. Mechanical Assistance must be obtained at an authorized service dealer at........

wouldnt let me post link yet:)
Old 10-27-2021, 11:13 PM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

It sounds to me like the engine is only turning over on the starter and not actually running. When you push the gas pedal, does the throttle actually open on the carb? A common problem with these is the throttle cable snapping at the pedal, not allowing the throttle to activate.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 08:59 AM   #5
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

i agree with u ive never had one of these gas pedal starting motors before, but i will check ur ideas and let u kno, appreciate it thnx bb
Old 10-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Also there is a two pole switch on the pedal that actives the start solenoid and also kills spark to stop the engine. This may have gone bad and is not allowing spark. Another common issue with these. One pair of connections on normally open and the other pair is normally closed. This switch is also a common failure.
If you look at the serial number it is in two parts. The first part is the model number and the second part is the sequential serial number. You can use these to find the correct manuals on the toro website. If you cannot find the technicians manual, let me know and I will see if I have it on file. I am currently on vacation, but will be back in my workshop in a few days.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 10:31 AM   #7
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

i found an owners manual but im still trying to find out exact year and so on, i kno i have a workman 2110.....model#07277 and serial #260000440 so if u can tell me how or where to find year i would appreciate it, and i`ll try spark next time. thnx thus far for ur thoughts and ideas have fun on vaca
Old 10-28-2021, 10:43 AM   #8
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Here is a link to all your manuals (operators, service and service bulletin). There are also parts diagrams here.

https://www.toro.com/en/parts/partdetails?id=29743

I have attached the service manual for your serial number below.

According to the service manual, that type of cart was manufactured from 2002 - 2007. You may want to contact Toro directly to confirm the year.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Workman Service Manual 2002 - 2007.pdf (7.10 MB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 10:54 AM   #9
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

thats the ones i wanted thnx, and u want to trade :)
Old 10-28-2021, 10:58 AM   #10
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

No trades ... I am am allergic to gas carts

I also updated my post above and attached your service manual.

Cartmaster is the EXPERT on these types of carts ... he will guide you well!

And a shout out to CharleyL ... another EXPERT on work carts ... who specializes in Cushman carts
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts