lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #11
jay_in_cgohio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: PlastiDip

How thick did you put the white on? Currently my cart is green. Think two cans would do it?
jay_in_cgohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #12
tomsws6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_in_cgohio View Post
How thick did you put the white on? Currently my cart is green. Think two cans would do it?
^ This. Mine is that dark green too. Was thiking I may have to lay down some black or white first. Also how cans of blaze colors did you use? I may go for the blue and then some glossifier.
tomsws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #13
jay_in_cgohio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I used three cans of white and don't think it was near enough. Could easily go with 5. You need a really good solid white base. Any dark spots will show up in the blaze color. Mine turned out like crap so peeled it off and went with traditional paint.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
tomsws6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_in_cgohio View Post
I used three cans of white and don't think it was near enough. Could easily go with 5. You need a really good solid white base. Any dark spots will show up in the blaze color. Mine turned out like crap so peeled it off and went with traditional paint.
So 5 cans of white paint then a go with the blaze/glossifier? Iv never really painted anything before so Im not very keen on this type of thing. Id paint but thats even more complicated and more $
Old 04-23-2013, 05:12 AM   #15
jay_in_cgohio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not sure about the gloss as I did not use it. When you order look at the wheel kits. It works out cheaper than getting individual cans.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #16
fullerbass
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If my cart is primer grey do I still need to lay down some white first? is this stuff durable is it going to peel up from say rubbing a tree branch in the woods
fullerbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #17
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

It won't peel but, it will scratch the he!! Out of it...
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #18
fullerbass
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

has anyone seen plasti dip then a spray on bedliner over that done are the two chemicals compatable
fullerbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #19
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

I will be doing bed liner on my build. Durabak makes an assortment of colors. Also smooth or textured finishes
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #20
tomsws6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullerbass View Post
If my cart is primer grey do I still need to lay down some white first? is this stuff durable is it going to peel up from say rubbing a tree branch in the woods
Basicly the color of your primer will dictate to a point the shade of your color. If your primer is a lighter color then the main color will be brighter and if its darker then the main color will turn out a shade or two darker. I have found out that if you use the glossifier then it will have a nice shine to it. Also something to check out is there metalizer. It will give it that metallic look. Good stuff
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint