lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2021, 01:33 PM   #1
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Scotty B C54 Club DS Package

Hello All

I bought a club car 93 36V electric cart about 2 months ago. I have always enjoyed tinkering with cars but with my medical issues I am limited, so I decided to try out golf carts. Not knowing anything about carts other in my younger days was load up a friend a cooler and a few beers and run up and down a golf course that was it. I got this cart for $400. No batteries paint was scuffed up, stress cracks in body and frame for batteries was deteriorated. No top or windshield. I took 3 12V batteries just to see if it would run and it did, so I bought it for a project. I started upgrades with a Precedent top I bought used and it had the back strut bars on it for $50. Then I found out it wasn't meant to go on my ds but a little modification it is great. I put on a 6" spindle lift which was a little challenging just because a lot of bolts were seized up but got it in place as well. I put 12" ss rims with 22" wheels on it dressed it up very well . Tires also increased my speed about 3 MPH which it needs. I was about 12-13 MPH straight away and 8-9 uphill. I then installed a deluxe light kit, dash cover, and a new floor mat. All the while doing these little things I have been discussing with Scotty B about upgrades for my resistor system. After a few emails we decided for my needs would be a Pkg. C54 runs on 36 now and 48 volts later
kit includes the off-road capable 500 amp Alltrax programmable SR control, a 400 amp super duty solenoid, & the throttle pedal kit & Super Duty SW202 ​Reversing Contactors , and 2g cable set. $1500 pretty much. I am running still on 36V will convert to 48V soon, which in the pkg a extra resistor for when you change to 48V. I took the front and rear body off and it is in paint booth being painted as of now. Waiting for them to be done so I can put her back together to see finished product. I highly recommend consulting ang getting your motor and upgraded packages from carts unlimited/ scottyb. Awesome customer service and very prompt on answering any questions or trouble shooting any problems. I will post some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4351.jpg (243.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4352.jpg (307.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4347.jpg (265.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Deleye; 09-20-2021 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: Pics
Deleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 04:39 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Scotty B C54 Club DS Package

Looking good!
What other modifications are you planning?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:11 AM   #3
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I appreciate the compliment. I will go up to 48V for sure. I have the body being painted and a lot of small accessories I will be adding. I also replaced a couple of aluminum angle brackets due to battery acid deuterating them. I have put a good deal of money in this project and definitely learned a lot with the club car. I will add more pics soon when it is done.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:54 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking good, Deleye! Can't wait to see it "finished". (It never is you know!)

Before you buy new 48 volt batteries later, consider going lithium. Other than higher cost, there are no downsides of doing so.

Besides, you can't take it with you! LOL
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 03:42 PM   #5
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey Tom

Did you get 1 48 Volt lithium battery or 4? What brand sir?
Old 10-11-2021, 04:17 PM   #6
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleye View Post
Hey Tom

Did you get 1 48 Volt lithium battery or 4? What brand sir?
I got the Eco Battery 48 volt, 72 Ah kit. It is a single battery with one bms. Much better than multiple drop in batteries. I am well pleased with it. Some details are in my signature below.

Eco Battery is a sponsor now and are prepared to help with any problems we have here. With zero problems on mine, I didn't need any help.

There is a backorder on all of the EB batteries until Nov. 1. You can get on the waiting list if you want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210825_125424_5.jpg (190.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210825_125514_4.jpg (240.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210825_132704_6.jpg (183.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-14-2021, 03:05 PM   #7
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I believe that is the way to go. It will definitely be worth it in the long run. I have a G16 Yamaha I am trying to fix up for my daughter. I believe the controller is bad. Do you know anybody on this forum that can help me find a stock controller. Really not looking for any upgrades or conversions just want to be able to hook it right up to stock system and roll
Old 10-14-2021, 05:57 PM   #8
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I believe that is the way to go. It will definitely be worth it in the long run. I have a G16 Yamaha I am trying to fix up for my daughter. I believe the controller is bad. Do you know anybody on this forum that can help me find a stock controller. Really not looking for any upgrades or conversions just want to be able to hook it right up to stock system and roll
I know little about Club Cars and nothing about Yamaha's! Try starting a thread in the Yamaha section. You'll get all the help you need there I'm sure. You may find going to an Alltrax to be cheaper than going to a stock controller. If you get one designed for the Yamaha, it should be plug and play.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:54 PM   #9
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
I know little about Club Cars and nothing about Yamaha's! Try starting a thread in the Yamaha section. You'll get all the help you need there I'm sure. You may find going to an Alltrax to be cheaper than going to a stock controller. If you get one designed for the Yamaha, it should be plug and play.
Hey Tom. Did you have to change any programming in your controller when you switched to Lithium?
Old 10-25-2021, 10:20 PM   #10
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Hey Tom. Did you have to change any programming in your controller when you switched to Lithium?
Hi Deleye,

The only thing I changed was the throttle settings. I had it set at 50% with the FLA batteries but had to change it to 36% with the lithium to keep from breaking our necks!

I got a new field map from Alltrax which increased my top speed by 2 MPH.

Tom

Tags
alltrax, club car, electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car