lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2022, 02:45 PM   #11
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 will not turn off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoore8 View Post
Thank y’all! Now I just need to find out how to get out of work early so I can test it out lol. I will update on it later!
Oops. I thought I sent this schematic earlier. It should cover your cart and help getting it sorted out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yamaha-G1A.jpg (67.0 KB, 0 views)
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2022, 12:28 PM   #12
Cmoore8
Not Yet Wild

I rotated the forward solenoid around and hooked the wires up, and now I’m getting the same issue as before where it is not starting as soon as the battery is hooked up but if will go in reverse and just slowly spins the SG when put in forward. I will follow the schematic and make sure everything else is hooked up correctly. Anything else to consider?
Cmoore8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 03:10 PM   #13
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sounds like something is crossed up somewhere. If the SG is rotating then there is current moving through it.
Unplug the yellow and blue solenoid wires to make sure they're not being activated and let me know what happens.

You say the SG slowly spins? And are saying it spins backwards while you’re in FWD?
It may be the the pedal switch is just stuck and when you turn on the key, power routes to the solenoid?
Old 01-18-2022, 08:01 PM   #14
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

have you used a jumper wire from battery to the yellow wire post in the solenoid current position?
tennbamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:51 PM   #15
Cmoore8
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGELE55 View Post
Sounds like something is crossed up somewhere. If the SG is rotating then there is current moving through it.
Unplug the yellow and blue solenoid wires to make sure they're not being activated and let me know what happens.

You say the SG slowly spins? And are saying it spins backwards while you’re in FWD?
It may be the the pedal switch is just stuck and when you turn on the key, power routes to the solenoid?
Unplugged the yellow and blue and nothing. When they’re hooked up and I turn the key to forward the sg spins forward slowly and will not start the motor. When I turn the key to reverse it spins backward and will run.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:04 AM   #16
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Unplugged the yellow and blue and nothing. When they’re hooked up and I turn the key to forward the sg spins forward slowly and will not start the motor. When I turn the key to reverse it spins backward and will run.
I’d say your pedal switch is likely afu. No power should get to the yellow or blue wire until the pedal is pressed. If you’re turning on the key and the solenoid activates without pressing the pedal, then that needs to be fixed first.
So…how handy are you with a multimeter? With the key on and pedal not pressed, check for 12v on the yellow wire in FWD and the blue wire in REV. If it’s there, as suspected, then you need to figure out how it’s getting by the unpressed pedal switch.
Pull up the floorboard by the pedals and get an eyeball on the switch. It should be adjusted so that the button is always pressed until to push the pedal.

Test for continuity through the switch as follows-
Key off
Unplug the pedal switch and probe the wires coming out of the switch.
R/W and W wires should have no continuity (open circuit)
Press and hold the pedal
R/W and W wires read about 1 ohm or less.
The B and B/W wires should read the opposite- continuity when not pressed and an open circuit when pressed.
If it’s out of adjustment or afu, your cart thinks you have pressed the pedal and will attempt to spin the SG.
I’ve got a nickel that says your switch is out of adjustment or stuck. Good luck.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:27 PM   #17
Cmoore8
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGELE55 View Post
I’d say your pedal switch is likely afu. No power should get to the yellow or blue wire until the pedal is pressed. If you’re turning on the key and the solenoid activates without pressing the pedal, then that needs to be fixed first.
So…how handy are you with a multimeter? With the key on and pedal not pressed, check for 12v on the yellow wire in FWD and the blue wire in REV. If it’s there, as suspected, then you need to figure out how it’s getting by the unpressed pedal switch.
Pull up the floorboard by the pedals and get an eyeball on the switch. It should be adjusted so that the button is always pressed until to push the pedal.

Test for continuity through the switch as follows-
Key off
Unplug the pedal switch and probe the wires coming out of the switch.
R/W and W wires should have no continuity (open circuit)
Press and hold the pedal
R/W and W wires read about 1 ohm or less.
The B and B/W wires should read the opposite- continuity when not pressed and an open circuit when pressed.
If it’s out of adjustment or afu, your cart thinks you have pressed the pedal and will attempt to spin the SG.
I’ve got a nickel that says your switch is out of adjustment or stuck. Good luck.
Sorry let me clarify when I mentioned turning the key, nothing is activated until pressing the pedal after turning the key one direction or the other. Also, when the new forward solenoid was hooked up it would idle immediately when the battery was hooked up with the key off. You turn the key forward and push the pedal and it would drive. After it being mentioned that the forward solenoid may need to be flipped direction I hooked it up and now it does not idle when the battery is hooked up and key is off. When it is put in forward and the pedal is pushed it will not start and the SG moves slowly in forward. I’ve looked over the schematic, but nothing has stood out so far. I didn’t think it would be the pedal switch considering it would drive in forward prior to the solenoid being rotated and the only issue being it would not turn off until I unhooked the battery. I will try to send over some more pictures of wiring as well to see if anything stands out.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:28 PM   #19
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Sorry let me clarify when I mentioned turning the key, nothing is activated until pressing the pedal after turning the key one direction or the other. Also, when the new forward solenoid was hooked up it would idle immediately when the battery was hooked up with the key off. You turn the key forward and push the pedal and it would drive. After it being mentioned that the forward solenoid may need to be flipped direction I hooked it up and now it does not idle when the battery is hooked up and key is off. When it is put in forward and the pedal is pushed it will not start and the SG moves slowly in forward. I’ve looked over the schematic, but nothing has stood out so far. I didn’t think it would be the pedal switch considering it would drive in forward prior to the solenoid being rotated and the only issue being it would not turn off until I unhooked the battery. I will try to send over some more pictures of wiring as well to see if anything stands out.
I can’t see which direction your solenoids are sitting, but if the NO contacts are in front, then you’re miswired I think. The jumper between the NC contacts should have a cable going to F1 on the SG. Yours is going to the NEG side of the battery. Also, my REV solenoid sits inboard closer to the motor… and I see you have a yellow (FWD) wire there. Check out the attached pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71B2A182-1DDA-4FD0-A682-5377D4A0E953.jpg (125.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 092F28FE-378A-47DA-9296-6B7FAC9270A6.jpg (162.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg AE0671BA-398D-462F-A55C-9767C6C8DA21.jpg (179.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-30-2022, 03:16 PM   #20
Cmoore8
Not Yet Wild

UPDATE, ended up pulling the starter apart and two of the brushes were stuck so I cleaned them, put it back together and that did the trick. It is running and driving now, but I believe I may end up replacing the starter or at least replacing brushes. I putted around the yard and checked everything after and the starter had smoke coming from underneath the cover next to the red/green wire. I am assuming that brush is stuck again or the starter has just had it. Any recommendation?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha