lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #51
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Oxfordlawn posted a source for the AS5 certified DOT windshield from Stenten who sells wholesale to golf cart vendors we have here on BGW. Any vendor here could purchase one of these windshields and offer them for retail sale. The true AS5 will have it stamped in the windshield and have a special coating on the Lexan to prevent scratching from the wiper blade. It includes a manual wiper arm, LSV orange triangle, support bar, drilled hole and stickers along with the LSV sticker that goes on the dash as a warning. Also at this time East Coast Custom Carts has the best price on retractable seat belts, $30 each. If you want them attached to a bar then Everything Carts has the best price. Unfortunately their assembly will not work with my cart since the middle female buckles attached to the bar are 12" long which would mean that I'd have to mount it on the rear seat bracket so as not to interfere with opening my front seat.

Bottom line is I'm trying to stay will ALL vendors here if possible. Is it allowed for a vendor to post a response about if they carry acceptable parts for LSV's? If not then how about a PM? Just a thought...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #52
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extractor View Post
My stimulus package has to go somewhere, might as well go to the sponsors, right! I better spend it befrore the wife does!!

Dirtysouth-
Can't wait to see that front disc brake kit for your long travel AllSports suspension. Once I'm on the road I gotta stop somehow. Tossing out the anchor is getting old!
It might be gettin' old, but I bet the neighbors get a kick out of it...
Almost there on the brake set up...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #53
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMNFL View Post
Cart Parts Plus will sell you the windshield. Make sure they put a NOTATION on the invoice that it is a DOT AS5 rating. Bought mine last year from CPP for $109.95 plus S&H.
Price and Shipping could have went up a little.

Tell'em you want the unbreakable Lexan one like OBill and Jill got on their carts.
OB, does your windshield say Lexan on it as well? That would be proof right there even if it didn't say AS5 on it, just incase I get a tough DMV inspector!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #54
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Oxfordlawn posted a source for the AS5 certified DOT windshield from Stenten who sells wholesale to golf cart vendors we have here on BGW. Any vendor here could purchase one of these windshields and offer them for retail sale. The true AS5 will have it stamped in the windshield and have a special coating on the Lexan to prevent scratching from the wiper blade. It includes a manual wiper arm, LSV orange triangle, support bar, drilled hole and stickers along with the LSV sticker that goes on the dash as a warning. Also at this time East Coast Custom Carts has the best price on retractable seat belts, $30 each. If you want them attached to a bar then Everything Carts has the best price. Unfortunately their assembly will not work with my cart since the middle female buckles attached to the bar are 12" long which would mean that I'd have to mount it on the rear seat bracket so as not to interfere with opening my front seat.

Bottom line is I'm trying to stay will ALL vendors here if possible. Is it allowed for a vendor to post a response about if they carry acceptable parts for LSV's? If not then how about a PM? Just a thought...
I believe the sponsors can reply or post about their products. Heck, look at wicked... I think the forum Gods get angry when they see spammers or sponsors badgering the fine folks here at BGW... Then again, I could be completely wrong...

Thanks for supporting the site sponsors...
Old 04-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #55
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
I believe the sponsors can reply or post about their products. Heck, look at wicked... I think the forum Gods get angry when they see spammers or sponsors badgering the fine folks here at BGW... Then again, I could be completely wrong...

Thanks for supporting the site sponsors...
Hey, I would love it if the sponsors chimed in on this thread. I just got off the phone with Dixie/CartpartsPlus and waiting for a call back on some prices and specs on their windshield and seat belts. I'm waiting for a call back from East Coast Custom as well. I've also spoken to 2 other sponsors here. The good news is that at least three of us on this thread are spending some bucks with BGW sponsors and I'm sure that Google searches for LSV's will also help BGW sponsors in the future! That helps the forum which helps us! It's a Great Win Win!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #56
IMNFL
FLIPPER

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMNFL
Cart Parts Plus will sell you the windshield. Make sure they put a NOTATION on the invoice that it is a DOT AS5 rating. Bought mine last year from CPP for $109.95 plus S&H.
Price and Shipping could have went up a little.

Tell'em you want the unbreakable Lexan one like OBill and Jill got on their carts.

Scubabud,
I wasn't meaning you were any less of a BGW member or anything like that. I gave you a couple of thumbsup for getting closer to having it on the road.
I do understand where you are at. (It is not the lack of information out there. It's all the misinformation. And you have to decide between the two. ) If the windshield don't have AS5 branded or engraved on it, and you want the windshield to say AS5 or Lexan. Take your Dremel and engrave it on there! All I can tell you is what I experenced. And my windshield is Lexan and it don't say a thing! And it is scratch resistant. The Inspecter did not look at the windshield or the cart. She wanted to see the NOTATION on the invoice that it is a DOT AS5 rating. !
It comes down to the person that inspects your cart. Call them and ask them what they expect. Don't go telling how much you know and how smart you are about getting it legal, or give them any ideas. Just listen to what they want. Helped me a lot, because I was told I had to have 4 wheel hydraulic brakes and a whole lot of other BS.
And if you haven't got insurance yet. LOL! Good luck there. I got all this stuff about, "it don't have doors etc." Not saying that "I'm so smart, it scares people!" But, you have to educate everybody and every department as you go. I explained that Jeeps don't have doors either! So, she says, "I'll have to call you back."
IMNFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #57
scubabud

Club Car

IMNFL

I never took what you said as a negative nor did I mean anything negative towards you. I just reread your post from a while back and JUST noticed the Lexan comment in it. As you have mentioned it's going to be up to WHO inspects the vehicle and hopefully the less objections DMV might have the better it's going to be for ME! I saw a LSV Club Car at that store I went to yesterday and it DIDN'T have an AS5 or Lexan on the windshield and also DIDN'T have DOT tires. As a matter of fact it had the EXACT wheels and tires that I have on my cart now. I called CCP about an hour ago and spoke to a gentleman that was a Tech, not a salesperson so I'm waiting for a call back on the windshield pricing as well as seat belts, (mentioned your name as well.) I'm also waiting for a call back from East Coast Custom Carts. So far Sharon at Everything Carts has given me all the information I need from her store as to what they carry and pricing. I want to get this done ASAP so I can enjoy my cart on the road!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #58
IMNFL
FLIPPER

Club Car

Scubabud,
Ain't Sharon nice at EC? She knows her stuff!
Tom is the main tech man at CPP. I'd say he is a nice guy. But, you know... How it is with nice guys?
He'd finish last!
He is in the process of moving the shop.
So not only does he have alot going on in his head. His hands are full too.
Don't this just drive ya crazy? Waiting on people to call back and all that.
OBill
PS: I've never had the pleasure of meeting East Coast. Maybe some day they'll show up at a Race?
IMNFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #59
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Great info. everyone. I have found this thread very informative on how to make my cart street legal in FL. I think everyone is on the same page, it's all good! I have supported local and internet cart shops, etc. dealers/suppliers. My experience, if you need it yesterday....go and buy today and local. You will pay more but maybe it's worth it!...most of these nice site sponsors on this forum are operating on miminum margins....it's not too hard to figure out. Patience does work from time to time...I'm still learning! Just saying my nonsense as usual....
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:23 PM   #60
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMNFL View Post
Scubabud,
Ain't Sharon nice at EC? She knows her stuff!
Tom is the main tech man at CPP. I'd say he is a nice guy. But, you know... How it is with nice guys?
He'd finish last!
He is in the process of moving the shop.
So not only does he have alot going on in his head. His hands are full too.
Don't this just drive ya crazy? Waiting on people to call back and all that.
OBill
PS: I've never had the pleasure of meeting East Coast. Maybe some day they'll show up at a Race?
Toms got allot going on in his head??? C'MON... We talkin' the same Tom aka BBM???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car