lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
MikeD
Not Yet Wild

Default Wheel Spacers / Offset Wheels

I have a lifted Yamaha G22 and have the bug for some new wheels and tires. Are most folks using wheel spacers (what size) or just getting off set wheels? What type of offset should I be looking for?
Also recommendation of tires would be appreciated. I use the cart at a fishing club with some pavement but mostly gravel and natural trails. The land is fairly hilly mostly clay (Georgia Red) and rocks.
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Personally, I'd get the spacers just for the extra stability. If the terrain has a lot of loose rocks, and sandy like material (I think that is what you mentioned), Duro Deserts or Carlisle All-Trails will be great. They handle well on pavement, AND do fairly well in off road, as long as there isn't TOO much mud. If I'm not mistaken, you will need 3/4 offset wheels.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Check here....talk to Tom!!

http://cartpartsplus.com/index.php?c...8067793229e488

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #4
MikeD
Not Yet Wild

Hey No No,
Are you saying I’ll probably want to go with both spacers and offset wheels? I think I need to find hobbies that are cheaper. LOL! With boats, cars and now a cart I’ll have to get real creative with explanations on what Brown just dropped off and why it was another critical item.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:43 PM   #5
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

OOPS! Perhaps I should clarify. Spacers if you get 50/50 wheels, and no spacers if you get the 3/4 wheels. IMO, 3/4 wheels look better and are probably a bit more "trustworthy," but someone else may be able to provide different ideas.

Just tell your wife that the cart needs a new "Terwilliger Shaft" or some muffler bearings and make a HUGE order and sneak out to the UPS store to get it all and make it sound REALLY important, like life or death for the cart.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #6
MikeD
Not Yet Wild

She has gotten use to it. Get a new truck, It’s not my fault the factory didn’t put on the dual exhaust system, ect.

Hey Ron,
I’ve already found Tom, Got the Power Kit and HD springs. Sometimes I feel more comfortable getting the users opinions before I talk to the vendors. I wish I’d found the forums before I got the cart, doesn’t seem to be as big of selection for the G22 as many of the other carts, but I doubt I’ll ever be in the league of many of you so I really can’t complain.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha