lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default V-Glide question

I've used the search feature and found some info, but what I want to know is the contact on my arm on the v glide felt pitted when I touched with my finger tip, would that be robbing some power from the preformance of the cart. I cleaned the other contacts with scotch brite and Strike Hold(great stuff) and they are smooth. Over all the v glide works, I know the contact is probuly the orginal one, this is on G3. Thanks VP
vponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: V-Glide question

The stationary contacts and the wiper arm contact can be sanded or filed until they make 100% contact all the time during the arm travel....I use sand paper & a metal file.
Pitted or uneven surfaces will cause more pitting and arching
Good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

The moving contact is much softer metal than the stationary contacts and should be replaced when it gets "arc'd out", yamaha's part# is J14-86153-00-00. Yes I do recomend the original yamaha part. You have 2 adjustments. Make shure when the accelerator pedal is all the way to the floor, that the moving contact is "located" on the very last stationary contact (should not make contact with the next contact in) this can be adjusted at the pedal/rod. There is also an adjustment for the contact riding flat on the stationary contacts. There is a bolt/lock nut and plastic "slider" (at the bottom of the plastic arm) that is used for that adjustment. Lastly, make shure when the accelrator pedal is in the off postition, that the moving contact rests on the "non power" contact. Good luck.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Can you get that stationary contact off without taking the whole arm off, the arm is spring loaded so I was wondering if it were proped out would that be enough to get the bolt out, Just by looking at it I think the arm has to come loose but if can be done without upsetting the arm I would like to try it, the contacts line up really good. Any advice on the arm? VP
Old 01-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by vponder View Post
Can you get that stationary contact off without taking the whole arm off, the arm is spring loaded so I was wondering if it were proped out would that be enough to get the bolt out, Just by looking at it I think the arm has to come loose but if can be done without upsetting the arm I would like to try it, the contacts line up really good. Any advice on the arm? VP
I'm afraid not. You'll have to take off the acelerator shaft linkage to do the swap. You may want to "pull" a couple of batteries to make it easier also.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #6
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
I'm afraid not. You'll have to take off the acelerator shaft linkage to do the swap. You may want to "pull" a couple of batteries to make it easier also.
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:06 AM   #7
Zona Sun Classic
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by vponder View Post
Thanks for the heads up!
Have you changed the contact and if so what was the result ?
Zona Sun Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #8
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zona Sun Classic View Post
Have you changed the contact and if so what was the result ?
No I havent gotten around to it yet I need to get one ordered before I start, VP
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha