lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
dre
Not Yet Wild

Default do you lose reverse when.....

you install a bigger motor, say in a 87 ez-go. how do you still use foward and rev.i dont under stand so any help would be usefull, thinking of going big, but dont want to lose the use of anything. still trying to figure out my options before ordering any parts or calling places with a bunch of silly questions and sounding like a idoit, thought i could look like a dummy hereand get some help. thanks.

really wouldnt mine enough power to do wheelies, thought making a wheelie bar for it would be COOL.but dont want insane amount of power where kids or wifey CANT drive it.
dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: do you lose reverse when.....

Your engine changes directions for forward and reverse, so you are going to lose reverse. You could put a 4-stroke rear end in it, but they're pretty $expensive$.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:05 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Yep...if you put a 4 stroke or a 2 stroke engine that doesn't have the ability to run backwards you will need a 4 stroke rear end to keep reverse.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:38 AM   #4
Dero
Gone Wild

Swap in a quad engine that has reverse in the tranny.
Dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!