lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2019, 03:18 PM   #1
Sethmac
Getting Wild

Default Adding A Buzzer Switch

I have a hunting cart (Club Car DS 2006 IQ) that I would like to add a switch for the reverse buzzer. I want the buzzer on typically as I have small kids, but when out at our property, I want a switch to disable it.

I have a Voltage Reducer running to a set of 3 rocker switches. I assume the buzzer runs on 48v so I can't utilize one of these switches?

Will I have to get a separate switch for this need or can I leverage one of the rocker switches (which would be neater). They are run together, but I suppose I could wire one separately?
Sethmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2019, 03:49 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Adding A Buzzer Switch

Check the link below. Splice into one of the wires heading into the buzzer. Wire the switch in line accordingly. Switch on and off as needed.

https://www.hawkusa.com/manufacturer...kaAkrEEALw_wcB
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
Sethmac
Getting Wild

Thanks!

Before I go any further, I suppose I could have my initial work checked...does my diagram make sense for a 2006 CC DS with OBC?

I want to install a 3 gang rocker panel to first power lights, but ideally, I would like to use one switch to turn off buzzer.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:13 PM   #4
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethmac View Post
Thanks!

Before I go any further, I suppose I could have my initial work checked...does my diagram make sense for a 2006 CC DS with OBC?

I want to install a 3 gang rocker panel to first power lights, but ideally, I would like to use one switch to turn off buzzer.

Your diagram for the reducer wiring appears incorrect. The voltage INPUT positive and Negative, need to be wired to the Pack Positive 48v and the Negative to the B- on the controller or the bullet negative coming from the controller area. Then the Voltage output positive and negative to your bus bar positive and negative accordingly. The keyed switch on the reducer looks correct.
As for the 3 panel rocker switch, IF, IF, IF you have more than one accessory ran to the switches for on and off control, run a 12v positive from the bus bar TO EACH ACCESSORY SWITCH, WHICH ALLOWS each accessory to be fused on its own independent feed wire. Also make sure the rocker switches are able to handle the 48v current as most are intended for 12v. Also,if you want the lighted led version, you need to run an independent 12v feed for the LED light on the switch and the 48v buzzer current too on the other input and output spade.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:42 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The wiring looks fine, as far as using one of those switches will depend exactly on how many terminals are available on that switch.

You can keep the independent LED that is normally wired to the "headlights" switch, but You cannot use the LED that is powered when the switch is ON since you are using 48v for that circuit.

Any 12v switch will work for switching the little current used by the 48v buzzer without any problems.

If You are unsure about the switch wiring, just post the model number (or a link to where you bought) so we can check if the LEDs are activated independently.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:17 AM   #6
Sethmac
Getting Wild

Thanks folks...I was able to get the voltage reducer running last night successfully and controlled by the key.

Sergio, these are the switches I have.
https://www.amazon.com/FXC-Rocker-Al...g-goods&sr=1-4
Old 06-04-2019, 08:32 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That should work, it looks like a 5 terminal switch.

From the picture it looks like the power comes from the switch on the far-right side.

Whichever switch you decide to use, You need to change some wiring.

You can keep the 12v "dash illumination" LED in place (no changes), that should be terminals #6 and #7 (the ones on the right side if you look at the switch from the back)

You need to disconnect the negative quick connector from terminal #8 (Top left looking from the back). That LED is used when the switch is ON and will burn at 48v. Tape the exposed #8 terminal on the switch to prevent accidental usage.

You can now use Terminals #2 and #3 on that switch to interrupt the 48v that goes to the buzzer.

Wire the +48v to terminal #2 and the buzzer to terminal #3.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:46 AM   #8
Sethmac
Getting Wild

Thanks Sergio

So the only thing I will lose is the illuminated switch when in on position, correct?

As far as the current buzzer configuration, do you know the color assignments. Do I need the switch before the orange wire (going from memory as I'm not near my cart).
Old 06-04-2019, 10:20 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Correct, the big light that comes ON when the switch is ON will not work, that is the one controlled by the black wire You will disconnect from terminal #8.

The positive wire on the buzzer is the red wire, that is the one You should interrupt. The orange/white is the Controller negative activation for the buzzer.

It will probably a good idea to put labels on those wires like "+48v" and "buzzer", in case you go working on those switches in the future to remind you they are not 12v wires.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:40 PM   #10
Sethmac
Getting Wild

Sergio, just to make sure I've got you...

Remove all wires from terminal #8

Take the 48+v (red wire) already on the buzzer and connect it to terminal #2

Then create a pigtail from terminal #3 back to where the red wire was originally removed from.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car