lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
ohio93clubcar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 93 ds lots of smoke

Ok I finally worked out the electrical bugs and got this thing running but it still lags a bunch and smokes like crazy (white smoke). This cart leaks alot of oil and it seems to burn quite a lot as well. I tore down the engine last night and when I was inspecting the head I found that the reed valve screw in the oil supply passage was loose. Could this have caused an excessive amount of oil to accumulate in the top end leading to greater valve seal oil leakage? There is a bunch of carbon built up on the exhaust valve even after running a can of seafoam through the carb. I am planning on replacing the valves, valve seals, keepers, rings and all the gaskets while I have this thing torn down. other than tightning that screw under the valve cover, what else should I take into consideration for a quick stock engine refresh.
Thanks
ohio93clubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 ds lots of smoke

As long as you are going that far...I would have the cylinder re-bored for a .025 or .050 larger piston
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
ohio93clubcar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I should have it bored out, but I am trying to do it on the cheap. I bought the new rings, valve seals, valves and gasket set. I opened the box of rings and now I remember it has been over 8 years since my last engine rebuild and I am trying to figure out the ring placement. I am not sure which is the compression ring, which is the scraper ring, I don't know how to tell which way is up or down on these. anyone know how to tell these apart. thanks
Old 06-07-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
As long as you are going that far...I would have the cylinder re-bored for a .025 or .050 larger piston
Smart move. Eliminate other issues right there. A complete upper end re-build should put you in fine shape assuming all other side issues have been addressed

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
ohio93clubcar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am going with the original piston and bore right now because there is very little wear, if I still have problems I will punch it out and get the new piston. My current problem is trying to figure out if the compression ring is the one with the 90 degree outside edge or the beveled outside edge. I am leaning towards the compression ring having the beveled edge. also I don't know it these rings have a top or bottom or if they can go in either way, I bought all this stuff from carts plus, I may just call them and see if they can tell me.
thanks
Old 06-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
ohio93clubcar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok so I talked to the guys from Cart Parts Plus, and they pointed me in the right direction. this is my first golf cart project and they have been very helpful. I put in my order on Friday and the parts got here Monday. I will post pics if this thing actually runs when I get it back together.
thanks again for having a bad a@# site.
Rob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car