lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
g9 driver
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default g9 shaking

I've got a yami g9 and recently removed the govenor, what a difference it made.....(taking politics out of the equation always speeds things up) but now it thumps at higher speeds, im not sure if it is just my wheels being not balanced (aka natural) or having somthing stuck in one of the wheels( I removed the wheels and could hear somthing sizable stuck in one) there is also a little amount of play in the rear(forward backward) like when I get hard on the brakes and start to go again theres a clicking sound and then a slight jump maybe it should be expected when adding speed to a vehicle made to go only 12 mph + I tend to beat on it abit....
,louis
g9 driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: g9 shaking

Check your shifter cables to see if they are allowing the transaxle to shift completely into forward and reverse.
Hook a small spring to the governor arm to put a little load/tension on it.
Might check the brakes for anything loose.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I agree with crash. It sounds like the shifter cables are either sticking or not allowing it completely go into forward. It's a good idea to keep these sprayed with wd40 or something each oil change. Also check the adjustment back at the transaxle and make sure the lever is completely going to one side and then the other when shifting. If not, you'll try spraying some wd40 to see if the cables are somewhat stuck or you may need to adjust them. The lever on the front of the transaxle is also mounted on a shaft with notches. If it is off by one notch, it will make a big difference in the shifting. I've had this same thing happen on my G16. It was very mild and a simple cable adjustement corrected mine.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
g9 driver
Getting Wild
Yamaha

alright I'll have to try that... my shifter i really tough to move from forward to reverse so i wonder if that has anything to do with it and just wasn't showing itself until I sped it up and could my govenor bouncing around cause that? from what was said earlier i guess it might?..... thanks for the help I'll check tonite!
Old 10-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Pull your shift cable off and drop some light oil down it. It will have to hang somewhere for the oil to run down the inner cable, just keep doing it and work it up and down once in a while as well.
Go ahead and lube your shift lever while your at it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:55 AM   #6
banghaooo

studying
Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
g9 driver
Getting Wild
Yamaha

ummmmmm im starting to think that slight shake is the worst of my problems now.......... i think i may have bent somthing yesterday... what had happened was i was driving "exuberently" and my tire got grip mid-drift almost tossing the cart over.... now i feel a big shaking from the rear im thinking Ill pull the tire off today but any recomendations to look close for? anyone bent anything on their g9 axle? if its screwed looks like i better get my mr2 running then start saving for an r1 engine (roll cage,bucket seats, and harness's too of course)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha