lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
texasfarmboy77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO getting ready to paint?

so to update where i am with my cart i bought my 96 EZGO TXT stock. since then i got a lift for it and got 10 inch wheels and 20X10X10 tires. I am getting it ready to paint and was wondering how to take the body off the frame and whats all involved beyond what i have done in the picture any help you can offer i would really like. THANKS.

texasfarmboy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
goofymaz
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO getting ready to paint?

the body is rivited on! your best bet is to take a chisle and pop all the heads to the rivits off to get the body off then hammer or drill out the remaining parts of the rivits!! i jhust did this with my ezgo just be sure not to drill the hole to big or else you are going to run into a problem with re reiviting it back on! i ended up having to put washers behind a lot of my revits when i put the body back on because i drilled the holes slightly larger! also if you drill the rivits out be careful because when the rivit heads losen and spin with the drill they will heat up and melt the body as they spin out! another issue i ran into but no biggie! i would get little baggies as you are taking all the accessories off and lable them in groups as far as where the screws/bolts exc. go back to! ie a bad for the bumper bolts and what now! just make you life a little easier going back together! i saw posts online for complete revit sets to put the bodies back on and all but i just went to my local hardware store and i was able to find all the rivits there as well as the plastic xmas trees to put the cleat pads and the bag liner and everything back in!
goofymaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
goofymaz
Gone Wild

under the rocker molding on each side of the cart are 2 bigger rivets holding the back body down! there is also about 5 rivits on the floor front side of the back body under the floor mat holding the back down as well! thats about it for the back, then the body just pops off!! the front there is a bigger rivit under the rocker molding on wither side and there are rivets all along the top of the dash then the body should lift off! of course the top un bolts off as does the frame for it!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
goofymaz
Gone Wild

when you remove the floor mat to remove the rivits you dont need to remove the rivits along the underside of the dash!!! do not need to!! they are holding the dash in place and not the front cowl at all! i removed these thinking i needed to and i didnt, just made more work for myself :D
Old 04-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
goofymaz
Gone Wild

also there are rivets along the top of the back where the seat is along the front rail! this is riveted into a frame rail and these rivets are pretty **** strong! what i did because i couldnt drill these was take a back of a hammer! the claw part. and take another hammer and hammer the claw part under the rivet head and just keep hammering until it pops off! you could take a chisel and hammer to it as well! that will work a lot better and faster than drilling!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
LIL Sleeper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

i know this is something for later but they make a rivet kit for when you put your body back on. makes life a whole lot easier. i think i paid around ten bucks for the one i got. the only thing is you will need two different size rivet guns because some are bigger then the other ones. just something to keep in mind.
LIL Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:19 AM   #7
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Also if you drill out the rivots on the passenger side down under the rockers be sure not to drill in to deep or you will get the gas tank. Havent done this but heard of it happening! Good luck its really simple to do
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:34 AM   #8
ruredy
Born Wild

check out this thread in the tech section
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...ody-paint.html
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #9
floridatrailrider
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What lift kit did you use? Looks like you have alot of room left.
floridatrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #10
texasfarmboy77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i dont know what brand of lift it is i got it off craigslist for $50
texasfarmboy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO