lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2016, 09:33 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 CLub Car Precedent Speed

In this case the cart S/N will not be as conclusive as the controller Model Number:
Excel system uses the Curtis 1515 controller.

IQ system uses the Curtis 1510A controller.
If You indeed have a controller model 1515-5201, You have an Excel system regardless of what the S/N sticker says.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2016, 03:45 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The Alltrax XCT300 IQ/Excel controller will give you the results you're looking for. Low to mid 20s for speed, with more of an increase in torque than just a motor swap. Solenoid and cable upgrades are not necessary with the 300 amp controller. The factory stuff can handle it just fine. The controller is plug-n-play for both the IQ and Excel system.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:24 PM   #13
sadavis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for you reply. I did the sensor test. Cart was in neutral position, run tow in run. key switch was on, I pushed cart both forward and backward and in each direction the backup bell or what ever it is called beeped. What next ?
Suggestion: Keep in mind I do desire to increase my seed at some point I do have a Curtis 1515-5201 DC controller .I have attached picture. because I have received two different responses as to what my cart is an IQ or Excel
after you examine the pictures [lease tell me if it is a IQ or Excel plus how do I increase my speed top around 20 plus MPH and show me your parts I appreciate your service!
sadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:44 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do not take the cart to the dealer that said it was an IQ cart, he is clueless.

Your cart is a stock Excel cart from serial number to controller.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #15
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

As said your cart is a Excel, one of the easiest thing to do is exchange your motor with a Plum Quick Bandit motor. You'll get around 22-25 MPH depending on your tire size. Or as David said a Alltrax XCT300 controller would also do the trick.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #16
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsane View Post
As said your cart is a Excel, one of the easiest thing to do is exchange your motor with a Plum Quick Bandit motor. You'll get around 22-25 MPH depending on your tire size. Or as David said a Alltrax XCT300 controller would also do the trick.
Extremely true. I had a stock PH cart and added the plum Quick motor and went from around 17 mph to 28 mph.....I am a true believer in the Plum Quick motor, and it's cheap too....
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:27 PM   #17
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadavis View Post
Thanks for you reply. I did the sensor test. Cart was in neutral position, run tow in run. key switch was on, I pushed cart both forward and backward and in each direction the backup bell or what ever it is called beeped. What next ?
Suggestion: Keep in mind I do desire to increase my seed at some point I do have a Curtis 1515-5201 DC controller .I have attached picture. because I have received two different responses as to what my cart is an IQ or Excel
after you examine the pictures [lease tell me if it is a IQ or Excel plus how do I increase my speed top around 20 plus MPH and show me your parts I appreciate your service!
Not to be rude but why are we still questioning this? This was resolved in March and for a 2nd time last month! You have an EXCEL cart and a Plum Quick Bandit (with nothing else) will get you well past the the speed your asking for...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:11 AM   #18
sadavis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

your previous response
If an Excel cart your options are:

Speed Code 4 = 19.6 MPH with stock tires
Taller Tires = some more speed (2 to 3 mph) but at the expense of torque.
Bandit Motor from Plum Quick = 25ish MPH at the cost of roughly 250.00

so do I need a controller with speed code 4 plus a Bandit Motor as mentioned
or just the motor? if I need spped code 4 - do I get my local dealer or reapir shop to get the speed code for me and use my present Curtis controller and you motor?
sadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:29 AM   #19
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
your previous response

or just the motor? if I need spped code 4 - do I get my local dealer or reapir shop to get the speed code for me and use my present Curtis controller and you motor?
Option (S) are exactly that plural... As commented by several several times over you can get the speed that you're asking for with the Bandit motor and NOTHING else... If you go the Bandit route you do not need or want to waste your money on SC4 as the Bandit motor has a way of defeating the speed limiting control in the Excel controller...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:30 AM   #20
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
your previous response

The Bandit Motor needs nothing. You use all of your stock components (but a controller will help if you want more torque ), you just put it in and go and your speed should increase to at least 25 MPH. Great value.

I have a Bandit motor and a 400 amp controller and it's a great street combination for my 2012 Precedent. My cart has plenty of torque for street use, and it runs steady at around 28 MPH, I could not be happier.
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
curtis 1515-5201, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car