lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2001 ezgo ????

How do you know if a 2001 ezgo is dcs or pds cart? Just bought 2 and need to rewire. Thanks
busman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 ezgo ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman9 View Post
How do you know if a 2001 ezgo is dcs or pds cart? Just bought 2 and need to rewire. Thanks
The PDS and DCS did not co-exist. The last DCS year was 1999 and the first PDS year was 2000.

Enter the cart serial number on this website and it'll tell you what the cart was when it rolled off the assembly line.
http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks johnnie::-p
Old 08-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

2001 txt pds system,the cart will go forward for 25 ft and slow down to a crawl. When the cart is on jack stands and the voltage is monitored at the controller the voltage on A1 is at first pack voltage and then drops to 18V. I have replaced the controller and solenoid with good units with the same results. HELP PLEASE! What to check next? Thanks
Old 08-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sounds like the speed sensor. Is it beeping when it slows? To test, with cart in F, key on and brake released, push the cart and it should start beeping and try to stop itself.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have check all wiring with another 2001 txt that works,All wiring is correct. How do I check the throttle sensor?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2001 txt controller.jpg (177.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Sounds like the speed sensor. Is it beeping when it slows? To test, with cart in F, key on and brake released, push the cart and it should start beeping and try to stop itself.
Test the speed sensor. Don't think it is the throttle sensor. If you have a working cart you can swap parts with, the speed sensor is in the drivers side end of the motor with a grey wire coming out. It is held in with a split ring. Other end is on top of the controller. Make sure to flip the Run/Tow switch to Tow before you start removing wires.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #8
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The good cart when pushed does beep,the bad cart when pushed does not beep. Is this a sure diagnosis of a bad speed sensor or should I do some voltage test?
Old 08-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Does the bad cart beep when you put it in reverse ? If yes, it is either a bad speed sensor or wires to it. Make sure the contacts are clean on top if the controller OR it is a bad controller. IMO. If you had one to test it with it would make it definite..
Old 08-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman9 View Post
The good cart when pushed does beep,the bad cart when pushed does not beep. Is this a sure diagnosis of a bad speed sensor or should I do some voltage test?
If the beeper sounds in reverse and/or at other times, it is a pretty good sign, but not an absolute, that the speed sensor isn't working.

You can check to see if you've got voltage between Pins 1 & 3 (Black and Red wires) on J5 with plug plugged in, but other than that you need something to detect the pulses the speed sensor puts out.

I have an automotive DMM with a tachometer function and I have measured motor RPM off pins 1 & 2 (White wire is the output of the Hall Effect device), but I'm not sure if you'd see anything with a straight voltmeter looking at pin-2.

You said the cart would move a little ways before it slowed to a crawl. That sounds like the magnet disk may be loose on the motor shaft and is slipping.

The speed sensor is held in place with a snap ring. Remove the snap ring and the sensor will come out. The is a second snap ring that positions the sensor above the magnet ring, but you can tighten the screw that hold the magnet ring in place without removing the second snap ring.

If the screw is loose, tightening it so the magnetic disk doesn't slip will probably fix the problem.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO