lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2018, 01:34 PM   #1
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Default 1995 DS 48v series cart. I’me stumped?

I picked up a 1995 club car DS powerdrive 48v with brand new US batteries and factory rear seat set up for 800$. The price was because the guy thought the cart needed new batteries so he got a set. No go. So he replaced the selanoid. No go. So he replaced the micro switches on the FNR lever and still no go. He cut his losses. I got the cart and found that with the key on and forward lever engaged when you hit the gas pedal it lurches forward about 1 inch and stops. The selanoid is not clicking? I assumed that the gas pedal ( this one has a pot switch set up with another small micro switch inside the plastic pot switch housing) was bad so I tore into it and found the micro switch was seized up and would not “click”. I replaced that micro switch hoping that was the issue but it wasn’t. Same thing ..... turn the key on, put in forward and it lurches about a inch and nothing. No selanoid click?

*note* when you place cart in forward it will lurch forward an inch only once. You have to then put it into reverse and then press the pedal again to get it to slightly move about one inch without selanoid engagement again.

Also, I noticed that the large resister that connects the two large posts of the selanoid gets hot if I hold the pedal depressed in either Forward or Reverse.

I am not a avid electrician and not great with DC currents but am willing to learn. It’s not that I can’t learn it, I just never have so where do I start? I am thinking that based on other reads on this forum the controller may be the culprit. BTW the cart is in phenomenal shape for its age and appears to have been a gated community type of cart it’s whole life.
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car