lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2018, 05:30 PM   #1
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default ? For people with ATV tires

So I decided on dirt Devil tires now the question is. 23x10x10 in the back but should I run 23x8x10 in the front. Does anyone have any pictures to share. My cart is a 2014 precedent just ordered a 6” a-arm lift advice please
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2018, 06:27 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: ? For people with ATV tires

I personally like the uniform look of evenly width tires front and rear.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:38 AM   #3
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm with Nole and like the same size tires on all four corners. I run 24 inch Swamp Fox ATV tires on my DS and use them 95% of the time off road. I do have the option to switch them front to rear if the tread wear starts to get uneven.
Hunter450 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:15 AM   #4
Roy Gurley
Gone Wild

Club Car

Location: Retired and live in small town of Timberlake, North Carolina

Same size all round!
Roy Gurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:17 AM   #5
Dlab
Gone Wild

I put swamplite 22x8s on the front and 22x11s on the back. The 22x11s are a much heavier and aggressive tire. I like the 8s up front, lighter and much easier to turn both power and radius wise IMO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A3FB6093-D465-4904-A691-B43E79DB3249.jpg (97.7 KB, 0 views)
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:28 AM   #6
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
I'm with Nole and like the same size tires on all four corners. I run 24 inch Swamp Fox ATV tires on my DS and use them 95% of the time off road. I do have the option to switch them front to rear if the tread wear starts to get uneven.
Nice, and I like the black rim look too, both you and Dlab!
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #7
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Narrower tires on the front will always steer better off road due to more psi on the ground due to the smaller footprint, especially our carts which are weight biased towards the rear. Should be less rolling resistance too. Wide tires are only for looks in this application.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:24 AM   #8
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Narrower tires on the front will always steer better off road due to more psi on the ground due to the smaller footprint, especially our carts which are weight biased towards the rear. Should be less rolling resistance too. Wide tires are only for looks in this application.
The width of the tire has no impact on the psi of the tire on the ground. Only the air pressure of the tire has an impact of the psi on the ground. The pressure exerted on the ground will always match the pressure in the tire.

This why tires are aired down for use in sand so they can “float” on the sand.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:37 AM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4ever View Post
The width of the tire has no impact on the psi of the tire on the ground. Only the air pressure of the tire has an impact of the psi on the ground. The pressure exerted on the ground will always match the pressure in the tire.

This why tires are aired down for use in sand so they can “float” on the sand.
Hmm....I think you missed his point. He was referring to Pounds Per Square Inch of pressure on the ground, not in the tire. Meaning the skinnier the tire with the same GVWR will apply more pressure to that area as it is spread out over less area (Mass/Area). Just like the tires in the sand you refer to, we would lessen the air pressure so the tire was softer and the side walls would sag giving you a little more width in the soft sand. Now the side walls would be contacting the sand and since they were softer from the lower air pressure they would not spin quite as easily.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:37 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think more like dundeebarnbuggy on this one, the air pressure by itself is not a factor, only the actual footprint of the tire which spreads the weight of the vehicle and creates the Pounds per square inch force against the ground, lowering the preasure on bigger tires increases their foot print which reduces the PSI against the ground.

Greater air volume at lower psi could increase ride quality due to reduced impact force transfer, but then again I like the looks of low profile tires
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car