lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default 2001 Club Car DS 48 Volt, Long Term Project

So I picked up a 2001 Club Car DS 48 Volt Series. It will be used around our families' property and to take camping. The camping part is the main reason I bought it and also a contributing factor to going with electric.

I'm very happy with it so far but it's slower than I expected. On the long dirt driveway, which is not completely level, I was seeing anywhere from 10mph to 13mph with a handheld GPS. Up a hill it slows down a bit. The batteries are US Batteries 8VGC. I believe they are 2010's, as I see '10' stamped on the lead terminal. I knew the batteries were not new, but hoping these will get me through this year.

My first mod was the battery meter seen in the last pic. That's just a temporary setup as I wanted to see it working. Got it from ScottyB today. Thanks ScottyB. I have a Double Take rear seat kit on the way. Eventually I'd like to do a motor, controller, heavier gauge wires and probably wheels and tires, and of course batteries. But those wont be anytime real soon.

I have some questions on my current setup but will ask them later. Thanks in advance for all the help. I've been reading a lot but still have questions...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2218.JPG (131.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2220.JPG (120.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2222.JPG (106.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2221.JPG (125.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2219.JPG (88.4 KB, 0 views)
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car