lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
rum dude
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 elec cc stops beeps then goes again

My 48 volt 2003 Regen DS Club car began slowing down to a stop and reverse beeper came on. Waited a few seconds, then she would go again for maybe 100 yds then same thing. Replaced all battereies, now will not go period. Any ideas?
rum dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 elec cc stops beeps then goes again

welcome to BGW...........speed sensor? read thur the threads theres a real simple test to do to confirm this.........i hope you needed batteries cause thats a lot of money to just throw at the cart....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
rum dude
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Shadow man. I am glad to find this page. I'll try to locate the speed sensor thread. Yes, my batteries were almost 8 years old. Bought the cart about 2 years ago
Old 09-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

dont think it's the speed sensor ...cause a bad sensor would slow the cart down to about 8 mph but not cause it to stop....

sounds more like something is overheating.......

i would do the following..........

check or replace the solonoid.....even though it clicks it may not be passing the AMPERAGE thru the contacts...
note you still can get a voltage reading with bad contacts but the connection may not be good enough to do WORK.
open and visually inspect the contacts....

you should also have a pre-charge resistor installed across the HEAVY solonoid contacts..this prevents the internal contacts from heavy arcing and wear

second look for look or burnt wires going to the motor from the speed controller.

finally remove all motor wires and do a resistance at the motor terminals check A1 to A2 and then again F1-F2 . while doing the check also check each terminal to the motor casing for coil to ground short.... (scrape shinny a part of the motor to do this )
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its a simple enough test to if for nothing more eliminate it and for the record i have seen more than a few carts thats would stop............its not the norm but does happen...............................
Old 09-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #6
rum dude
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help Bruce. I tried first to reset the OBC, but got no reverse buzzer sound, and when I went to replace main negative battery cable, got quite an arc at battery post even though cart was in Tow on Tow/Run switch. Should this be happening? Also checking connections, got arc on #9 pin on 16 pin connection to motor controller when on tow. Doesn't sound right to me
Old 09-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

no you should not have got an arc...............is this when you started having trouble?.................................
Old 09-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #8
rum dude
Not Yet Wild

No Shadowman, I was having the stopping with the buzzer sounding, and then replaced all batteries, now will not run period. Just trying to reset OBC first and got big arc on main negative post when reconnecting cable. I thought if it was set to Tow, it should not do this, so I am waiting to hopefully get some answers to this before I reconnect cable and do any more trouble shooting. Thanks for the reply
Old 09-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your right if it was in tow there shouldn,t have been any sparkage.....so now cart won,t run at all? not even stopping and reverse buzzer sounding? hmm......what dosn,t make sense is the arc and i wonder if somehow the run/tow switch went bad........i have yet to see one just go bad ( run/tow switch ) but that dosn,t mean anything.......have you tested the switch? can you test it? i can,t think of anything else other than something going on with the switch that would cause this other than a short.....even carts that don,t have a run/tow switch when you put the main neg. cable on last you don,t get an arc............................
Old 09-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #10
rum dude
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again. I don't know to test it, but maybe someone else will. Seems like it could be the problem. I thought all power was shut off if tow switch was set to tow. Seems like it is a sealed switch, but i am going to look at now. Could solenoid cause this? Wiring diagram shows 2 solenoids, but i can only find one mounted on aluminum plate that has OBC label on it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car