lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
pdqtom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help with Workhorse

I have been offered Workhorse with the only description is that it is a 1200LX.
I will see it in a few days to purchase if I like it. I do not know the year model or any other details as it is being sold by a man for his father. It is about 50 miles from the son and he and I are roughly 100 miles apart. We will meet in the middle for me to inspect and purchase if I like it. Attached are the only two images I have of the machine. How hard is it to put larger tires for rough terrain. Is a lift kit needed to do this. I know this sounds vague, but that is all I have until I inspect it. The asking price is $2,000. Is this reasonable and is there anything I should look for or beware of. Thanks for your help in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg work1.jpg (8.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg work2.jpg (6.9 KB, 14 views)
pdqtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with Workhorse

It would help if we could have the manufacture code from the serial # tag. Not the serial #. So we can tell the year. You will need a lift kit for larger tires. Is it gas or elec? How many hours? Price seems okay...........
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
pdqtom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Howdy Scotty,
I won't know the date code until I meet the guy. I asked him the hours and model but he said he did not know. I inferred from our brief conversation that his dad is the second owner and has hardly drive it at all, kept in his garage until the son convinced him to sell it.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Bring a trailer. If it drives and doesn't knock.... You can count on some repairs? Even a $300 clutch or something but it will still be a good vehicle for you.... Try to find something to devalue it a couple a hundred, like old tires, or worn seats, non workling lights? And then buy it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

$2K is awesome

With the metal box, it will be older than 2004 / 2005. Still a fantastic deal. Where's it at? I may race you to it

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
pdqtom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey "Gone Wild", he said it was in north Alaska.... or was it Hawaii....either way I'm almost there! When I get it I'll need to get lift kit parts so I may call you for suggestions, parts etc. What is this I've been reading about a 28 degree clutch for lifted carts?
Old 09-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

That cart will have the 28 clutch on it more than likely since it is used for hauling.

But for 2k you should buy it regardless. I can't even buy them for that from EZGO used. Even if it needs belts and a tune up you are way ahead.

You may beable to squeeze 20 inch tall tires under it without a lift, but if you want travel without rubbing you will need a lift.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO