lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2018, 09:36 PM   #11
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Leaf Battery swap in 2012 Club Car Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Here is the battery tub of a Leaf lithium pack in a 2016 Precedent that I recently completed. The only thing mounted on the original controller plate is the Run/Tow switch. Everything else is moved into the tub. No cutting or modifying of any factory wiring harness to reconfigure this way.

Another thing, the original CC wiring for the programming port can be reused to wire in a SPDT switch to the controller using three of these wires. Add the switch to three of the wires under the dash and pull the pins out of the 4 pin connector and reinstall into a 3 pin shell and plug it in. Ready to go. Removal tool for the pins is needed. Drawing attached was sent to me from Alltrax.

I like your spreadsheet too.
Your installations look so pristine, I just hope mine comes out half as good as yours have.

I don’t plan to use an aluminum bottom plate, and will just bolt the pack down to the plastic tub. I figure if it was strong enough to hold the 400 lbs of lead acid, it can hold the 100 lbs of LiPO. I am also thinking about placing all of the control relays on the controller cover. Still have some layout and thinking on that. I would like to leave space for a controller upgrade and possibly 7 more modules.

With all the parts, the only thing that has shocked me is the weight of the TC Charger. It weighs about the same as my power-drive charger, but is half the size.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2018, 09:40 PM   #12
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post

3rd - Converter sitting in position on tunnel.
What converter are you using? My lights were just hooked up to 16v, so I will need a converter to use them. Right now I will just leave the harness coiled up under the seat. Hopefully the deer won’t be upset if I don’t have turn signals.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:52 AM   #13
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I used this converter, ScottyB sells the same one as well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...AOE7PHFX&psc=1

Here is a set of bracket and plates I made for a BGW member for a 2013 Precedent with Zeva BMS including brackets for the TC charger, tub bottom plates, controller plate modifier plate, fuse panel mount plate, tunnel, charger receptacle plate and pack plates.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180616_143000165_HDR.jpg (280.3 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

That's nice metal work PingEye3!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:10 PM   #15
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Preliminary BMS layout with roughed in wiring to the fuse blocks. Fuse blocks are screwed down with holes drilled into the top plate and tapped. Top plate secured to the side plate with holes drilled and tapped in the side plate flanges.

Next step, drill and tap mounting holes for main fuse, BMS modules, current sensor.

Then drill holes for Anderson SB175 plug, install nutsert.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B116BA00-A8EE-4993-AF5D-94DF37DB11C2.jpg (181.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 7F0988A5-152A-4E83-B110-9B6DCF6EA95D.jpg (174.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

AG.....I think yours is the first one I've seen that fuses each individual battery cell. What is the purpose of doing that?
Old 09-23-2018, 05:45 PM   #17
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
AG.....I think yours is the first one I've seen that fuses each individual battery cell. What is the purpose of doing that?
Just extra precaution. If something went wrong in the BMS and it started drawing too much current the individual fuse will melt, hopefully preventing heat from building and a potential fire. Really is not needed, but something I wanted.

Ian said 1 amp is a good size if you want to fuse each tap.

Again, not needed.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4ever View Post
Just extra precaution. If something went wrong in the BMS and it started drawing too much current the individual fuse will melt, hopefully preventing heat from building and a potential fire. Really is not needed, but something I wanted.

Ian said 1 amp is a good size if you want to fuse each tap.

Again, not needed.
You must have anticipated my question......What amp? Nice job with the wiring!!

I'm patiently waiting (actually......patience is not my best character) for Ian to ship my order. For that matter, my Elcon TC hasn't been shipped yet either.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:14 PM   #19
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
You must have anticipated my question......What amp? Nice job with the wiring!!

I'm patiently waiting (actually......patience is not my best character) for Ian to ship my order. For that matter, my Elcon TC hasn't been shipped yet either.
Got a text notification from DHL when each shipped. Don’t recall getting an e-mail.

The time from order to doorstep is shown in my first post if you are interested.

When I looked at Ian’s site today, the lead time dropped from 2 weeks to 1 week.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:22 PM   #20
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Drilled and tapped mounting holes for the BMS, main fuse, and current sensor.

Drilled and installed nutserts for the battery disconnect.

Drilled holes for the bms taps to feed thru the top plate as well as one for the temperature probe. Installed grommets in all of the holes wires will pass to prevent chaffing and shorting out.

Was going to start terminating the BMS wires, but realized my terminal kit with all my ring, spade, butt, etc... connectors was left at the hunting ranch during cleanup weekend so the feeders could be repaired if needed. Well, ordered a new kit, hopefully it will be here Tuesday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6BA1F629-0063-48D1-8CB2-EB7D0C4AB77D.jpg (103.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg EF38928B-6FB0-471B-8C6B-4D8C0630E58F.jpg (184.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium