lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
Shoeman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Help me find a year for my carryall 2 please.

I bought this gas club car carryall 2 golf cart. The guy I bought it from wasn't sure what year it was. I've done some research and believe its a late 80's early 90's but looking for a certain part and every time I order it. It doesn't fit. The forward/reverse lever is on the side of the cart with the choke. Motor says FZ340 which is pretty much an early 90's. Right now I need just a couple simple parts for the accelerator rod. I need the ends. I've looked to see the areas that everyone tells me for the year but no codes anywhere on the body that I have found. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1228.jpg (221.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1227.jpg (83.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1222.jpg (163.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1218.jpg (143.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1220.jpg (191.5 KB, 0 views)
Shoeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
ellis555
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help me find a year for my carryall 2 please.

If the decals are missing there may be another one behind the dash other than the ones that are clearly seen under the dash. Have you checked there?
ellis555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

that could be a 91 or 92 right before the 290 change over if your looking for the throttle rod ends your going to want 84-81 club car ds ends http://www.evdrives.com/category_s/3466.htm
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobuckbuild View Post
that could be a 91 or 92 right before the 290 change over if your looking for the throttle rod ends your going to want 84-81 club car ds ends http://www.evdrives.com/category_s/3466.htm
Ditto. Except for the typo, engine parts need to fit 84-91 carts. Your motor is an FZ340, also known as a KF82 flathead. I have some KF82 parts laying around in my basement and I also have that motor in my cart (it's an '87). What do you need?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:59 PM   #5
Shoeman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ok so I'm on the right track that's pretty much the information I've found but the ends I order for the throttle rod didn't fit but maybe the wrong ones got ordered or shipped. Thanks for the help. Motor ran fine but a little sluggish at first. Trying to take slack out of a few place to get more reaction.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:02 AM   #6
Shoeman
Getting Wild
Club Car

I've looked everywhere that anyone has ever told me it could be. Never seen a club car golf cart with the forward/reverse on the side. I kind of like it.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #7
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I only saw one other one like that on here with the shifter and choke on the side, a member had an '89 or a '90 Carryall with that setup.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #8
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

By the clutch style it is between a 1988 to 1991. Some of the linkage parts are obsolete. I buy and sell Carryalls.
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:30 AM   #9
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

shoema welcome to the world of carryalls, great thing about that is once you find your serial number you find its coded as a ds! i got a carryall thats codes as a ds! i know my grandfather never modified it! before i got it, i havent modified iit either!
it mght be to old to have a id badge behind the key switch, otehrwise it should have a stamped badge above the pedal area under the dash. the other one i know is behind the key switch, and i have been told the have another one on the frme under the body!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #10
Shoeman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the info. The OEM parts for this cart model shows 1011734 but when I look it up it comes up as a 98 and up accelerator rod ends. The accelerator rod that these show fits isn't as long as the one I have.(I ordered both). The accelerator rod I have is 31 inches from end to end. I'm guessing its been modified?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car