lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
thompson521dc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default My lift kit disaster

So I started with a 2013 Precedent that had a 3" all sports a arm lift installed.

I decided to replace with a Jake's 4" a arm lift. Front went on easy enough. Now to the rear. The rear was lifted when I bought it using extended spring mounts. The Jakes kit has hardware to move the spring on top of the axle. Those two things combined would make for the rear being way too high. So I ordered the factory rear spring mounts, replaced the spring mounts and moved the leaf spring on top of the axle. Still way too high (it raised the rear 3" from where it was to start with). In other words swapping a 3" lift for a 4" lift raised the rear 3" not 1". So then I went back to how it was when I bought it (just the rear) with the extended spring mounts. My new tires fit (21") but it fills in the wheel well too much. It really needs the extra 1". I'm not sure how to proceed. Calling / contacting Jakes is not helpful. They are very slow to respond via email and I've waited for 20 minutes on hold unable to get anybody.
thompson521dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2016, 06:41 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: My lift kit disaster

I just did a 4" all sports lift on my Gaser precedent. Everything went pretty good, I got the lift from David at Revolution carts, site sponsor. I had a couple question, called him and he was very helpful.

image.jpg
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:30 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
I just did a 4" all sports lift on my Gaser precedent. Everything went pretty good, I got the lift from David at Revolution carts, site sponsor. I had a couple question, called him and he was very helpful.

Attachment 137307
Glad to help you sir. Post pics of the cart once you get a chance.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:46 PM   #4
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

I mean no disrespect, but you had a "pseudo" lift already on it when you had the extended spring arms installed.

The Jakes lift only lifts the cart 4". I know because I have measured the 4 inch and 6 inch lifts versus the base model suspension. I have photos somewhere and will post them if I can find them on my website.

I'm unsure as to why a 4" lift is too much for you, or if you perhaps are trying to install the new lift with a previously modified suspension. If you could post photos of the undercarriage we may be able to help.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:49 PM   #5
DKRgoods
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

DKRgoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:39 PM   #6
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post

Attachment 137307
mrgolf ...have you been cheating on your electric DS with a gas drinking harlot ?
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:02 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbooz View Post
mrgolf ...have you been cheating on your electric DS with a gas drinking harlot ?
Busted
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:34 PM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Not cheating, I took them out together.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 04:22 AM   #9
thompson521dc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
I mean no disrespect, but you had a "pseudo" lift already on it when you had the extended spring arms installed.

The Jakes lift only lifts the cart 4". I know because I have measured the 4 inch and 6 inch lifts versus the base model suspension. I have photos somewhere and will post them if I can find them on my website.

I'm unsure as to why a 4" lift is too much for you, or if you perhaps are trying to install the new lift with a previously modified suspension. If you could post photos of the undercarriage we may be able to help.

So it's not that 4" is too much. I am getting more than 4" in the rear. The cart isnt level. It's like I've got a 4" lift in the front and a 6" lift in the rear. Now it's back to how it was originally in the rear. I'll post pics. I wish I had take. A pic with the leaf spring over the axle I just didn't think to do it.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:07 PM   #10
thompson521dc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ok so I've got it put back together. This is with the 4" jakes lift on the front and as it was when I bought it on the rear (3" all sports lift). In the pic it has the 20" tires. I tried to put the 21" tires on and call it a day but they do rub in the back.

IMG_4378.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car