lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Battery desulfator

That's one I haven't heard before. Can you post a picture of this?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2009, 01:16 AM   #12
crosswired
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

What was the name of the stuff you put in your batt.
crosswired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:41 AM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
Hey Gornoman,

I will do that. I was a real doubting Thomas at the start and only tried this as a last resort figuring the batteries would need to be replaced anyway so how could I make it worse!

I have another issue that has just come up. I blew out the outer rear axle bearing on my 91 EZBeater and when I pulled the axle, the bearing seperated with the inner ring coming out with the axle and the outer part staying in the axle (all the bearings just fell out) and now I am having an ex-wife of a time getting the outer ring out of the axle. Any suggestions? A friend said to cut it out with a chisel but I worry about nicking or otherwise damaging the case.

str8shooter
Try your local auto store for a loaner or tool rental place for a slide hammer with reverse jaw puller just for this reason.

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #14
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Hello str8shooter and Welcome to the forum.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #15
str8shooter
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Battery desulfator

Hey Gorno & Crash,

Thanks for all the feedback. The puller was an excellent idea and as soon as I get into town I'm going to get one just to have for the next time. I got the bearing (outer case) out by using my Dremmel and a small grinding wheel. Once I was almost all the way through the casing, it bent enough to allow me to get it out without damaging anything else.

The battery solution is called EDTA and I got it through Trailhead supply at
(801) 226-6630 for $16 a lb. Basically it is tetrasodium salt and it WILL NOT MIX WITH BATTERY ACID! You MUST mix it with distilled water and then add it to the battery.

Good luck with your batteries and again, thanks for the help,
Str8shooter
str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 PM   #16
Goat53
Gone Wild

I bought a 12 volt charger from home depot with a desulfer cycle , seperated the grandaughters batteries into 12 volt units and ran it on them , she was getting about 2 hours runtime out of a full charge now it gets about 6 hours ,helped some .
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #17
mahonhm
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

what is the name of the product?
mahonhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:19 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
Hey Gornoman,

I will do that. I was a real doubting Thomas at the start and only tried this as a last resort figuring the batteries would need to be replaced anyway so how could I make it worse!

I have another issue that has just come up. I blew out the outer rear axle bearing on my 91 EZBeater and when I pulled the axle, the bearing seperated with the inner ring coming out with the axle and the outer part staying in the axle (all the bearings just fell out) and now I am having an ex-wife of a time getting the outer ring out of the axle. Any suggestions? A friend said to cut it out with a chisel but I worry about nicking or otherwise damaging the case.

str8shooter

Was just talking with an Ezgo mechanic about this last night .. seems you have to cut the race with a dremel minimizing the damage to the tube ...and then chisel the pieces out......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #19
BSchlossmann
Not Yet Wild

I purchase a 2003 TXT series cart last year. The batteries are the orginal T-105's. I was thinking about replacing them and came across the EDTA posts, and figured I had nothing to loose. On a couple of the batteries the very top of the plates had been exposed and the electrolyte was starting to turn brown. I purchased one pound on E-Bay for about $16.
I used the EDTA, not the epsom salt, last year and the batteries are still working, and the electrolyte is now clear. I'm hoping that I can get a couple more years out of them before replacing.
BSchlossmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #20
navara20030
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswired View Post
I was wondering if any one has heard of or tried the desulfator on there Batteries. I discovered the desulfator when i was doing some reserch on solar power. They are suppost to make your batteries last longer by sending electrical pulses into the batt. to break down the build up on the plates.I personley haven't tried one yet but would like to.
Hi Gents, I left a comment on a similar post a few weeks ago. Like yourselves, I was looking to extend battery life from our returned electric fleet carts. It is difficult to sell 3 year old pre-owned hire carts without changing the batteries, giving the client confidence to purchase a used electric cart. This was a costly process and made used electric carts very expensive.

I spent a lot of time researching sulphation and the many tales, liquids and processes used to remove it from the plates. I came across an electronic unit that is used in the aerospace and forklift industry - real heavy duty batteries. The system is the BATT-RECON made by Bravo Zulu in California.

The BATT RECON uses a patent pending pulsating electrical pulse, this removes the sulphates ultrasonically. The sulphate dissolve in to the electrolyte as the battery is charged and discharged following the process.

Unlike liquids and serums that can take up to 80 - 100 charges before they start to work, the BATT RECON works immediately. A set of 6 x Trogan T105's can be desulphated in 30 minutes with results seen immediately.

We imported a BZI 4810AGC, designed specifically for golf carts, auto, marine, small traction, telecommunication and truck/bus batteries. All our pre-owned cars are re-energised and supplied with a battery DNA report, the report is generated by using a CADEX CA12 Analyser. This provides a graphical SOC and battery capacity of each battery in minutes and percentage forms.

Before the process begins, the CADEX unit measures the resistance of the battery plates (ohms = impedance) following the BATT RECON process the resistance is measured and a definite reduction is found.

The BATT RECON will NOT recondition batteries that are corroded, shorted, have warped plates or thinning lead plates. This is usually determined within the first 10 minutes of operation.

The one thing that is common to ALL threads, people wait until the batteries are dying or have died before trying de-sulphating. If left, sulphating is like a battery cancer. If left it is very difficult to remove and cure. If de-sulphation is carried out once a year as part of a service, the chances of sulphation is virtually eliminated and can extend the life of the battery by 100%

You wouldn't let your Cadillac go for 3 or 5 years without an oil change!!!!!!

I have many PDF reports but don't know how to post them on here, if you would like copies, just send me an e-mail and I'll gladly provide a before and after report.

We are BATT RECON distributors for the UK, www.customgolfcars.co.uk or the official website for BATT RECON www.battrecon.com

Batteries are like any machine, they have a shelf life and not all batteries can be saved. However, 96,000,000 batteries are scrapped throughout the USA not including Europe!! If we can extend the life of a battery we can all lower our Carbon footprint
navara20030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO