lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
slimmer455
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default cushman commander 2100

hey guys was wondering if anyone makes a lift kit for this cart.i was told it is an 03 or 04 48 volt( model #tag is missing).I was told it is an ezgo that they bought cushman.can i use the lift kits offered for 2001 ezgo and up?Id realley like to see this cart up 5 or more inches.Thanks for your help MikeP1290311.JPG
slimmer455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
morepower
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cushman commander 2100

I am sure an EZGO lift will work. Not sure which one, someone else will tell you what to look for. Depends on the steering (old/new style). That is a cool ride.
morepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
slimmer455
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

just wondering would this be considered a TXT model.most lift kits I see refer to the TXT model. Thanks Mike
Old 02-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

What you have there is the same as a ezgo 1000e 48v workhorse. the blue cart in my sig is a cushman commander 2200. I'd go with a jakes drop axle or spindle lift with this cart. the way jakes has done the rear part of the lift is far better than most of the others.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
slimmer455
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

what part number did you use for your Jakes lift kit.If I go with another kit does it have to say for the Workhorse or will the one for the TXT work ? Thanks Mike I can upload better pictures this weekend
Old 02-06-2010, 08:33 AM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

for a "bolt on" you'll need one for a workhorse. If you can do some modding and have a grinder or torches you can get by with a txt electric cart lift but you'll end up cutting off some stops and tabs on the rear. also the brake backing plates may need swapped around and you may need to get some extra stuff from tractor supply or the parts store.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #7
slimmer455
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

hey thanks alot ill call jakes and see what he has. i assume Jakes sells the bolt on axle liftkit for the workhorse. i like the tires on your green one what size are they?I lost internet over the weekend and didnt get a chance to snap some pics. Mike
Old 02-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #8
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmer455 View Post
hey thanks alot ill call jakes and see what he has. i assume Jakes sells the bolt on axle liftkit for the workhorse. i like the tires on your green one what size are they?I lost internet over the weekend and didnt get a chance to snap some pics. Mike
I have 27" tires on the green cart, it's a little excessive but I wanted something that wouldn't get stuck for the most part. and yes I did get it stuck once, I was moving dirt with the loader and had a big azz pile so I decided it would be "fun" to ride over it. I forgot to use the locker and ran up the pile and got stuck on the top of it. After I got the cart off the top of the 6' tall pile of dirt, I tried it again (with the locker) and made it no problems. THe cart's great for trail blazing, going in the mud or just about anywhere but it'll destroy a lawn in a heartbeat
Old 02-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #9
slimmer455
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

hey rudey i spoke to jakes and they said i need the 2001.5 and up axel lift kit #6205 and the tie rod.do i need to get the one for the workhorse?it looks like the rear lift is different on the workhorse.he asked me if it had 3 bolts or 4 bolts on the steering column where it bolts to the floor.and did the brake cable run under the axle or above it.and did it have greaseable tie rod ends.i told him what i had and he said kit #6205.but the one for the workhosre is different.I just want to make sure i get the right one .Ill post pictures tomorrow.thanks for your help Mike
Old 02-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #10
ruredy
Born Wild

Pics of how the rear mounts to the springs is what I would need to know to tell you for sure what's needed. They are correct about the front, (2001.5 and up) yours has the steering box mounted on the axle. I guess it's just a matter if yours has the bottoming out tabs and centering pins on the axle tubes as to if you can use the electric txt lift but some of these txt lifts don't account for the extra leaf springs used on the workhorse model.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts