lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2019, 07:48 PM   #1
MEWISEMAGIC
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 2019 RXV Elite Lithium Re-Programming Needed For Speed Increase

I recently took delivery of a 2019 RXV Elite (Lithium).

I'm sure this question is frequently asked....but here it goes....I need my cart re-programmed to go faster. What options do I have to send the controller to someone to be re-programmed? Is this possible? Please advise your thoughts on speed increase ideas and re-programming on a very late model cart. I see lots of information on older RXV carts....but what about a 2019 model.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. This forum is quite informative!
MEWISEMAGIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2019, 12:49 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2019 RXV Elite Lithium Re-Programming Needed For Speed Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEWISEMAGIC View Post
I recently took delivery of a 2019 RXV Elite (Lithium).

I'm sure this question is frequently asked....but here it goes....I need my cart re-programmed to go faster. What options do I have to send the controller to someone to be re-programmed? Is this possible? Please advise your thoughts on speed increase ideas and re-programming on a very late model cart. I see lots of information on older RXV carts....but what about a 2019 model.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. This forum is quite informative!
The Elite RXV controller must remain in the cart as it is being reprogrammed for speed. It is CAN bus linked to the BMS in the lithium battery system, and will shut down if it does not remain in communication with the RXV BMS.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:15 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I don't know if this is worthy of a Sticky, or that anyone would even read it if it were, but is there some way of communicating to over eager folks which models can be mailed in for the Bob special? Sounds like this dude may have bought a brand new one without even thinking to ask - no offense OP.

Askin' Bob and Mods. 'Cause we know everyone reads the Stickies before posting.

Maybe a "Read before buying an RXV, and others" (I don't know which ones).
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:44 PM   #4
MEWISEMAGIC
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The Elite RXV controller must remain in the cart as it is being reprogrammed for speed. It is CAN bus linked to the BMS in the lithium battery system, and will shut down if it does not remain in communication with the RXV BMS.

Bob
Thanks Bob. This is rather disappointing news. Are there any options for getting this thing programmed? Or am I totally stuck!
Old 05-08-2019, 05:47 PM   #5
MEWISEMAGIC
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I don't know if this is worthy of a Sticky, or that anyone would even read it if it were, but is there some way of communicating to over eager folks which models can be mailed in for the Bob special? Sounds like this dude may have bought a brand new one without even thinking to ask - no offense OP.

Askin' Bob and Mods. 'Cause we know everyone reads the Stickies before posting.

Maybe a "Read before buying an RXV, and others" (I don't know which ones).
I agree.....I wish there was a sticky or an "Ask Bob First" section! I did buy this brand new thinking it it could be reprogrammed! I put a bunch of money in this thing!
Old 05-09-2019, 04:28 AM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEWISEMAGIC View Post
I agree.....I wish there was a sticky or an "Ask Bob First" section! I did buy this brand new thinking it it could be reprogrammed! I put a bunch of money in this thing!
Don't get too depressed... While the controller will shut down without the presence of the BMS, I know how to override that. I sent one of these Elite controllers to FSIP to let them learn about it. When they contacted me to tell me they were getting nowhere with it, I talked the engineer through the procedure to override the comms shutdown. So while this is an issue for others, I can deal with it. I just have to remember to restore comms before I send it back or the BMS will shut down for lack of comms...

The other issue is the 2019 RXV controllers are more locked down than all previous Curtis controllers. Again, not a problem for me. I just want you to know that you might have difficulty finding someone local that can do anything for you.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #7
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

This is good news for the RXV Elite (Lithium) owners.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:52 PM   #8
MEWISEMAGIC
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Don't get too depressed... While the controller will shut down without the presence of the BMS, I know how to override that. I sent one of these Elite controllers to FSIP to let them learn about it. When they contacted me to tell me they were getting nowhere with it, I talked the engineer through the procedure to override the comms shutdown. So while this is an issue for others, I can deal with it. I just have to remember to restore comms before I send it back or the BMS will shut down for lack of comms...

The other issue is the 2019 RXV controllers are more locked down than all previous Curtis controllers. Again, not a problem for me. I just want you to know that you might have difficulty finding someone local that can do anything for you.

Bob
So Bob.....can I send this controller to you???
Old 05-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #9
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

MEWISEMAGIC I sent you a pm.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:18 PM   #10
tyrone shoelaces
Getting Wild

I wonder how this worked out?
I have the same cart.
tyrone shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO