lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
Doughboy305
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Lithium Charger???

I’m running a conversion to Lithiun with the 7 Nissan Leaf cells and I’m having a problem getting information on what charger to run any input would be great
Doughboy305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lithium Charger???

I purchased an Elcon TC HK-H 1800W Charger. Now....don't do what I did.

I purchased my charger from a web site called EV Components. What I didn't do ('cause I didn't know) was to be specific and tell them my charger was going to be used with a ZEVA BMS, and they needed to program it for that. However, I answered all of their questions....but their web site is "geared" to have the charger "hard wired" to just one top voltage setting. BTW.....EV Components is a company in China. Not that it's a big deal, but communication with them can be.....ummm....difficult. Plus you have to wait a few days for shipment via DHL.

If I had a "do-over" I'd go right to the California dealer.

I then sent the charger to be re-programed out to "Electric Conversions" http://www.elconchargers.com/index.html out in California to have that done. It cost an additional $100+ for that. I would suggest you buy it from California and tell them you want it able to integrate AND CHANGE the settings to what you want.

BTW.....did I mention to consider buying from the California guys?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:16 PM   #3
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Charger???

First, what BMS are you using? If no BMS, the stock charger could be used, but you have to manually watch the voltage and turn it off when you see peek voltage. I don’t suggest that.

I suggest using a bms.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts