lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2018, 09:59 AM   #1
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default TXT Roof Stability

Has anyone satisfactorily braced the TXT style roof and struts (3/4" square front, 1" square rear) so it doesn't wobble incessantly?

I have studied it for several years and not come up with anything I am ready to fab up as a remedy. Mostly because it looks like there will be minimal results.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT Roof Stability

Years ago I maintained a fleet of soccer field carts. These workhorses had roof racks and flatbeds. The roof loads weakened the roof supports to the point of breaking. I welded 45º braces from the rear struts to the sides of the flatbeds

On a stock cart I see the plastic roof failing at the mounting hole. In this case a new roof can help the problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:15 AM   #3
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My problem may be worse than I thought. My cart already has the struts mounted on the front wall of the steel bed. Actually, the bed seems to wobble like a rocking horse a little too. Not sure if that is the top rocking the bed or if the bed mounting needs to be looked at. I didn't think about it at 20 degrees when I had the bed off to install the Vegas Carts 625. When I get a chance I will yank the bed and check the bed mounting channels and angles. There may be more than one area that is contributing to the shaking. It probably doesn't help that my bed is steel and very heavy for the size.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:01 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like a combination of wiggle points
Old 01-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #5
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Like a belly dancer.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:07 AM   #6
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This weekend I figured out why the top wobbles even though the back struts are bolted to the bed. The bed frame is solid, but the bed bolts to the frame only through the bed floor. The bed floor flexes enough to move up and down about 3/8". Just enough at the bottom to create a bigger movement at the top of the struts.

I'll have to notch a piece of angle at both ends to reach each side channel underneath. Then weld it to the bed bottom so the mtg bolts pass through it.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:12 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like a solid plan
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO