lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2019, 04:50 PM   #1
ChuckW
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Power and torque upgrade guidance

Hello gents - New member here.

I'm looking for some suggestions on upgrading power and torque on my '04 TXT PDS (36 volt sepex) cart. The cart is in very good condition as it sits, only thing odd is that it has 5ea 2 year old Deka GC10 and 1ea 1 year old Deka CG15 batteries, which seem to be in good condition. Cart runs good but drags up grades greater than about 10-12%.

I'm planning on using the cart primarily for sporting clays, and have done all of the cosmetic and necessary mods for that use including adding a front basket, rear seat, gun rack and new 18" wheels and tires. Typically there will only be two riders, but could be up to four. Think 4 250lb men, 32lbs of shotguns, 150lbs of shells and a small cooler and you'll have an idea of load carrying requirements. Also, being in TN, we have lots of hills. I'm not interested in going 20+ mph, but I am interest in going 12-15mph and carrying that speed up a grade of 14-18%.

I've found the Carts Unlimited site and will most likely go with their product, but want to hear what you all suggest.

Chuck W
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190531_192302.jpg (219.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190625_150816.jpg (228.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190625_150634.jpg (218.6 KB, 0 views)
ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO