lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Deka battery algorithm for DPI accusense help

I have contacted DPI and East Penn the Deka battery manufacturer to try and solve this question. The DPI had 4 battery manufactures listed. Crown, trojan, US, and exide I believe. I am currently using the default #2 which is for trojans. My batts float at 52.3 after 12 hours. Seems fine I just want to maximise the charger. Thanks for any help.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2014, 07:25 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Deka battery algorithm for DPI accusense help

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach cart View Post
1. I have contacted DPI and East Penn the Deka battery manufacturer to try and solve this question. The DPI had 4 battery manufactures listed. Crown, trojan, US, and exide I believe. I am currently using the default #2 which is for trojans.
2. My batts float at 52.3 after 12 hours. Seems fine I just want to maximise the charger. Thanks for any help.
1. What charge profile did DPI and/or East Penn tell you to use?

2. There appears there may be a mixture of terms here. (Using the word "float" and "12 hours" in the same sentence.)

Float typically refers to the voltage while float charging. Should be about 52.53V for a 48V DPI Accusense in float charge.

12 hours is the typical rest time given cart batteries to obtain the At-Rest voltage for SoC estimates. The At-Rest voltage for a Trojan class battery is 50.93V.

-----------
I haven't been able to find a Voltage vs SoC chart specifically for Deka batteries, nor a charger profile for their golf cart batteries.

What I have found id charging recommendations for their batteries used in solar applications, which are also deep-cycle wet-cells.

That document reccomends 2.40-2.45 VPC (volts per Cell) for the Absorption charge phase and 2.30-2.35 VPC for the Float charge phase.

DPI Mode-2 (Trojan) is 2.35VPC in the Absorption phase and 2.19VPC in the Float phase.

You might be better off in Mode-3 (Exide) which is 2.40VPC Absorption.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Johnnie first thanks for the info and help. I had not heard from DPI by email so after your comments, I decided to call them and was told to use #2 charge algorithm for Deka batteries. It is the trojan setting.

The two readings I meant but did not say well, after 12 hours my pack is right 52.4 since charging shows green, and at 0 or close the float mode is on going and the reading is same. I guess I need to take plug out and read for true ,12 hour reading.

This never occured to me before but just backing out of driveway my dvm will read 51.3 or so each time. My dumb thinking reading while plug still in is true pack voltage since it still float charging. Either way I have a healthy pack and others running deka may get some knowledge today. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:06 PM   #4
UGA_FAN
Not Yet Wild

Default Deka battery algorithm for DPI accusense help

I just had to ditch my PowerDrive charger and picked up DPi Accusense 17a charger. I have 6 new 8v Sam’s Club batteries in the cart. I believe that these are Deka batteries. Just trying to confirm that the best “mode” for my batteries is “mode 2 - Trojan”. Can anyone either confirm that or lmk what “mode” I should choose? Thanks
UGA_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:59 PM   #5
Sideways
Gone Wild

I just put 6 of these 8 volt Duracell's from Sam's Club in my Medalist upgrade to 48 volts.
I called the phone# listed on Sam's Club website for the battery manufacturer at 1-888-844-7704 asked them what charging algorithm to use they told me the same settings as Trojan's.
I have a Gen4 DPI charger, so I called DPI and asked them which setting. The tech asked me what the 75amp rating was on the battery (121 min). The setting for the Gen4 are all switches to the left except for #3 which goes to the right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery.jpg (26.0 KB, 0 views)
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:27 PM   #6
UGA_FAN
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I just put 6 of these 8 volt Duracell's from Sam's Club in my Medalist upgrade to 48 volts.
I called the phone# listed on Sam's Club website for the battery manufacturer at 1-888-844-7704 asked them what charging algorithm to use they told me the same settings as Trojan's.
I have a Gen4 DPI charger, so I called DPI and asked them which setting. The tech asked me what the 75amp rating was on the battery (121 min). The setting for the Gen4 are all switches to the left except for #3 which goes to the right.
Awesome!! Thanks for the info.
UGA_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:27 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

So that would be mode 5 on a gen4 correct?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #8
Sideways
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
So that would be mode 5 on a gen4 correct?
I'm not sure as the CD I received with my gen4 shows the mode's for the earlier DPI's.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:49 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well here is a link to the manual http://www.dpipower.com/store/MNUL/GENIV_HF_MNUL.pdf
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:04 AM   #10
Sideways
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Awesome and thanks.
Yes, mode 5
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO