lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2020, 02:42 PM   #11
DKflorida
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2 questions - LED Lightbar / Radio won't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Your converter has dual 12v outputs:
Orange wire is switched 12v output (controlled by white 36v "trigger" wire).

Red wire is always ON 12v (even when white wire is disconnected).

Connect your radio Yellow wire to converter Red wire.

Connect your radio Red wire to converter Orange wire (fuse block).
Wouldn’t I connect the ground wire (black) to the fuse box. To complete the circuit. The red wire on this radio is “accessory” I’m not sure what that even means though so I mainly just want to confirm this. Also your saying connect red wire(accessory) to orange converter wire or the actual positive on the fuse box? Radio wire color chart is down below.

Btw I appreciate everyone’s help with this I’m picking up a ton of info thank you all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09C31B7D-45CE-4F30-A01B-309A6FD33C12.jpg (140.2 KB, 0 views)
DKflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2020, 03:22 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I only talked about the positive wire connections but of course you also need to connected the negative side of the radio and converter together.

I assume you want your accessories like lights, radio, etc to go off when you turn the key switch off.

In order to accomplish this you need for the Converter input:
The Converter White wire connected to the key switch "switched" or output side.

The Converter Blue wire with a fuse connected to +36v pack positive (or equivalent).

The Converter Yellow/Black stripe connected to pack negative (or equivalent).

For the Converter output:
The converter "switched" 12v output which is the Orange wire connected to the fuse box positive busbar.

The converter 12v negative black wire connected to the negative buss bar.

For the Radio Connections:
The Radio yellow wire needs to be connected to the converter "constant" 12v output Red wire (which is not controlled by key switch) so the radio memory can retain settings and presets when you turn the key OFF.
You need a fuse in this connection.

The Radio red wire needs to go to a fuse (5 amps) on your fuse box. The radio uses this "accessory" wire as a low current signal to turn the radio ON.

The Radio black wire needs to go to your negative busbar.

Optional:
Orange/White (illumination) Connect this wire to your headlight switch so the Radio lights are ON when the headlight is ON.

All Your other accessories will go to a fuse on your fuse box so they are only powered when the key switch is ON.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #13
DKflorida
Not Yet Wild

Nevermind got it working appreciate all the help and advice everyone.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:41 PM   #14
DKflorida
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I only talked about the positive wire connections but of course you also need to connected the negative side of the radio and converter together.

I assume you want your accessories like lights, radio, etc to go off when you turn the key switch off.

The Converter Blue wire with a fuse connected to +36v pack positive (or equivalent).

The converter "switched" 12v output which is the Orange wire connected to the fuse box positive busbar.

The Radio yellow wire needs to be connected to the converter "constant" 12v output Red wire (which is not controlled by key switch) so the radio memory can retain settings and presets when you turn the key OFF.

The Radio red wire needs to go to a fuse (5 amps) on your fuse box. The radio uses this "accessory" wire as a low current signal to turn the radio ON.

Optional:
Orange/White (illumination) Connect this wire to your headlight switch so the Radio lights are ON when the headlight is ON.

All Your other accessories will go to a fuse on your fuse box so they are only powered when the key switch is ON.

This is exactly what I was looking for seriously appreciate it all makes sense now.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:45 PM   #15
DKflorida
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Optional:

Actually the only question to this now that I’m thinking about it is the negative bus bar am I just running that back around to a negative slot on the fuse box or am I connecting that to the chassis or does it matter?
Old 10-27-2020, 03:47 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Never the chassis, it is a safety thing for electric vehicles.

If Your fuse box has a separate negative bus-bar (it appears to have) that is a good place to connect all negatives.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:57 PM   #17
DKflorida
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Never the chassis, it is a safety thing for electric vehicles.

If Your fuse box has a separate negative bus-bar (it appears to have) that is a good place to connect all negatives.
OK perfect and I know you said the red wire on the radio has to have a five amp fuse is there a set standard on the other fuses or can we just put 15 A on the rest of them or is it something that I need to check on each circuit and what I’m hooking up to that circuit? The fuse box comes with five 10 15 and 20 amp fuses I wasn’t sure on what application each fuse was used for or if we can just put 5 A on all of them.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:53 AM   #18
2K6TBSS
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKflorida View Post
OK perfect and I know you said the red wire on the radio has to have a five amp fuse is there a set standard on the other fuses or can we just put 15 A on the rest of them or is it something that I need to check on each circuit and what I’m hooking up to that circuit? The fuse box comes with five 10 15 and 20 amp fuses I wasn’t sure on what application each fuse was used for or if we can just put 5 A on all of them.
You will want to check each device you are supplying power to. Most devices will come with an in-line fuse, just match that amperage on your power block. If it doesn't have an in-line fuse, check the manual it will have information on the correct fuse.

The fuses are used as a safety mechanism to ensure the device doesn't get too much power. If your device is rated for 10 amps, and you put a 15 amp fuse in you will blow the device before the fuse (could be a very costly mistake).
2K6TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:58 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The primary job of the fuse is to prevent the wire from catching fire if overloaded.

They should be sized for the load they will carry but never larger than current the wire gauge can safely carry.

If You are using 16ga wires than 10 amp max.

If You are using 14ga wires than 15 or 20 amp max.

You can use a 10 amp fuse for the radio Red wire as long as it is 16ga or larger.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO