lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2020, 06:38 PM   #1
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2017 RXV Problems

Hello, My 2017 RXV just stopped. I can hear the solenoid clicking when I turn the key. the buzzer comes on when I put it in reverse. The pedal feels soft now (if that makes any sense) almost like there is something disconnected and a return spring is holding it up. Nothing happens when I press the pedal. My daughter said it just stopped and came to get me. I removed the brake and towed it home. This cart is stock no lift stock curtis controller 20" tires. Does anyone have any advice on where to begin looking for the issue? Thanks.
jr5018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2020, 07:41 PM   #2
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2017 RXV Problems

So, I put the brake back on. and tried to go as normal. I noticed it only clicked 2 times when I put in fwd or reverse or neutral. I seem to remember it clicking 3 times. The brake smelled burnt. With a friction brake I would think that is normal. Also, 48v system curtis controller batteries about a year old. Showing 50.2V pack. I had just charged it and she took it out and was mobile for about a mile before she broke down.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:11 AM   #3
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

2 clicks from solenoid means it’s immediately shutting off/safety mode. I had a similar issue recently and it was that I had melted the positive connection into the solenoid. Check your cables into the solenoid and see if anything is loose or no longer connected well.

Did the brake look ok when you took it off?
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:45 AM   #4
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, I will check the solenoid. I think it is the brake though. It smells burnt and the center piece is missing on the brake itself and I am pretty sure it is still on the cart. I will check later this afternoon. I attached a pic so you can see what I am talking about. I have been hearing a grinding sound for about a week now. It was the brake making the sound for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brake.jpg (73.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-24-2020, 01:24 PM   #5
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I’m not an expert, but that brake looks fine to me.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:38 PM   #6
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The entire center is not there? I attached a pic of a new one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brake2.jpg (20.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-24-2020, 03:18 PM   #7
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Also, now that I think about it the brake or something has been messing up. I never had neutral. Like if i put the cart in neutral you would not be able to push it anywhere just locked. Even if I flip the tow switch to tow still locked. I had to remove the entire brake assy to get the cart to roll.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:42 PM   #8
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The center part stays on the motor. The flip/tow lock is also a symptom of bad solenoid. If it goes into safety the brake auto-locks and doesn’t unlock even in neutral/tow.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:12 PM   #9
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I inspected the solenoid. It doesn't look fried anywhere are there any tests I can run? I have a voltmeter.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:09 AM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You are showing pictures of 2 different brakes. The OEM "standard brake" has the center hub molded in. The OEM HD brake has a hub that's removable. The HD brake does include the hub, but did you get one & install it? The HD brake hub comes pre-installed, so where is it at?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO